Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm around week three and lately my lips have been really dry and flaky around the edges. I know I'm not getting bp on them, but I'm sure it's soaking into the outter edges of my lips. If I put chapstick on the outter parts of my lips, I might get it on my skin and it could make me break out there, so I'm thinking I should just apply the bp gel less close to my lips than I have been. Any suggestions?

I think your plan sound fine. Keep the bp away from your lip edges as much as you can. Also you might consider using your moisturizer around the edges of your mouth first, then apply the bp as usual, then the moisturizer all over. This might help make a "barrier" of moisturizer to protect should the bp migrate into that area.

good luck.

I have been on the Regimen for about 2 months with good results. However, my lips and the edges around the lips are extremely dry and flakey as well. I have tried to moistualisze before I apply bp gel and I do not apply the gel around my lips. I use Neutrogena Overnight Lip Treatment to soothe the dryness and itchess. I am getting tired of the disconfort and ready to give up on the regimene. sad.gif