pHlat

My Neosporin experience so far...

I've been using Neosporin cream now for a month. My regimen goes like this:

Morning and night:

-Wash face with Burt's Bees Tomato Soap

-Apply Neosporin Cream to whole face

-Wait 20 minutes

-Apply Complex 15 Moisturizer

At first the cream brought up alot of spots that were already there. Mainly red marks that hadn't healed and those white bumps under the skin were coming up. At the same time I noticed that everything was healing rapidly. Even though I was breaking out, the spots were healing quick enough to even things out.

After a while it seemed that my acne were getting much better. This was about 2.5 weeks in. Then things started to change. I always assumed that the new spots were just old clogged pores coming up. But lately I'm wondering.

It seems that I'm getting much more white bumps on my chinline. I had them before but now they are multiplying and coming out of nowhere. You can't really see them unless you look very close. They will just sit there under the skin for a couple weeks and then turn into a zit (sometimes a very large and nasty zit).

So right now I've got a whole bunch of bumps on my chin just waiting to come up. There's also a couple other spots that seemed to have developed from nowhere. So while my acne is healing very fast I can't say much yet for Neosporin for preventing acne. It's possible that it's actually causing these white bumps to form at a more rapid rate. I certainly don't remember having this many before.

I'm going to keep using the Neosporin because of how quickly it heals things. I think after another month if I keep getting these white bumps I'm going to stop. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I've been using Neosporin cream now for a month.  My regimen goes like this:

Morning and night:

-Wash face with Burt's Bees Tomato Soap

-Apply Neosporin Cream to whole face

-Wait 20 minutes

-Apply Complex 15 Moisturizer

At first the cream brought up alot of spots that were already there.  Mainly red marks that hadn't healed and those white bumps under the skin were coming up.  At the same time I noticed that everything was healing rapidly.  Even though I was breaking out, the spots were healing quick enough to even things out. 

After a while it seemed that my acne were getting much better.  This was about 2.5 weeks in.  Then things started to change.  I always assumed that the new spots were just old clogged pores coming up.  But lately I'm wondering.

It seems that I'm getting much more white bumps on my chinline.  I had them before but now they are multiplying and coming out of nowhere.  You can't really see them unless you look very close.  They will just sit there under the skin for a couple weeks and then turn into a zit (sometimes a very large and nasty zit). 

So right now I've got a whole bunch of bumps on my chin just waiting to come up.  There's also a couple other spots that seemed to have developed from nowhere.  So while my acne is healing very fast I can't say much yet for Neosporin for preventing acne.  It's possible that it's actually causing these white bumps to form at a more rapid rate.  I certainly don't remember having this many before. 

I'm going to keep using the Neosporin because of how quickly it heals things.  I think after another month if I keep getting these white bumps I'm going to stop.  Anyone else have a similar experience?

I had this problem also, not as bad as you described it, but I found a lot of new spots coming up. What I found that really prevented those new ones from forming is using SA products, mainly Stridex triple action SA pads. I use those right before the neo and I pretty much haven't had to worry about anything coming up for about 2 weeks now using both.

Does neosporin help with acne or just help fade the red marks? I have light pink and brown marks on my face from old acne that I want to get rid of. I might want to try. When did u really start seeing results?

You and I are having very similar experiences. I find that if I keep my face washed and don't let it get too "dirty" throughout the day, the jawline and chin marks almost completely fade, though, they come back whenever I apply the neo.

Does neosporin help with acne or just help fade the red marks?  I have light pink and brown marks on my face from old acne that I want to get rid of.  I might want to try.  When did u really start seeing results?

So has anyone besides Jessicastuart24 found that Neosporin actually cleared their acne or prevented new spots from forming?

Does neosporin help with acne or just help fade the red marks?  I have light pink and brown marks on my face from old acne that I want to get rid of.  I might want to try.  When did u really start seeing results?

you know, the wierd thing is that neosporin doesnt really help me much with pimples at all but it seems to help with red marks i have. i was shocked the first time i used it and woke up next day . i dont know why it is that neosporin helps my red marks.

I never saw anything amazing from neo, and after three weeks got WAY more clogged pores. I stopped using it awhile ago and things have gotten better, since adding SA into my reg as well.

read the sticky, over long period of use can cause some bacterial colony something like dat.

you know, the wierd thing is that neosporin doesnt really help me much with pimples at all but it seems to help with red marks i have. i was shocked the first time i used it and woke up next day . i dont know why it is that neosporin helps my red marks.