Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, anyone out there taking Minocycline what mg. dosage are you taking? and has it helped?? Im taking 2 100mg.s a day so 200mg, and its worked pretty well, but Im still breaking out, around my periof time, so should I ask for a higher dosage?

i'm on 200mg a day too, this is my week 2. i haven't seen much improvement yet. I think the max it can be taken is 200mg but i may be wrong. How long are you on the medication?

I'm on a high dosage of tetra 1000mg per day and have mild acne. 4x250mg pills a day....

Been on it for a month and i'm still breaking out a little, so not much of a big difference.

I hope it will really start kicking in this month.

It worked very well for me. I was on it for almost 3 months. It left a lot of red marks and made some spots darker and inside my nails became purple. But it was honestly worth it. For 1 MONTH i woke up without seeing a new pimple.

now that i'm off of it, i've notice there has been tiny tiny tiny little dots on my face.

gosh. i hate acne.

im on 100mg, i take two a day. so 200mg per day to be more descriptive. i'm also using topical medication too. I actually just srarted yesterday so i hope all goes well

I used to take 100mg once a day, but that was when I first started going to the doctor about my acne. I was on it for about a year, and mid way my skin got better, but then it got a little worse, so I was put on stronger meds.

How long are you scheduled to be on them? My doctor told me I could be on them for years at a time, which I think was bs.

i'm a bit skeptical with oral drugs because i think it's less effective considering acne forms on skin so mentally, i think those applied directly on skin would be better but my derm perscribed me those, so what the hell, i've tried all but havent tried anything orally. I just started 1 week ago together with Retin-A (stieva-A)..

The only thing i noticed was upset stomach and i had diahrea for 2 days...it's getting better now but skin wise, i dunno i'm still in the midst of the 'initial breakout' and is looking my worst........yet.

I was on minocin for about a year (first couple weeks on 100mg than 50mg so my dosage was low) and in the end I regret taking it, it helped to somehow control my breakouts (until of course I stopped the treatement and it came back) but brought my immunity system down causing various other problems such as colds, warts, tooth problem, stomach pain and I probably forgot some more...

I hope it will be better for you

I was on 200mg a day for a while, messed up my immune system and gave me nasty side effects though so I stop taking them. Saw very little improvement in the time I was taking them.

I was prescribed 50mg a day for the first three weeks and then 100mg a day for 5 months, i'm on my 68th day so just over two months, for the last week i've increased my dose to 100mg x 2 a day and its really helped so may go back to my doctor and see if i can continue this or whether i should only be taking 100mg a day. Has anyone had any positive stories once coming off mino if it has cleared you?

I was prescribed 50mg a day for the first three weeks and then 100mg a day for 5 months, i'm on my 68th day so just over two months, for the last week i've increased my dose to 100mg x 2 a day and its really helped so may go back to my doctor and see if i can continue this or whether i should only be taking 100mg a day. Has anyone had any positive stories once coming off mino if it has cleared you?