Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all,

This is like the other post for red marks, but this is specifically for the body (chest, back, any other areas where the skin is more tough but has red marks). I'm not an expert so I'm going to you guys for help. I've done glycolic peels (50%), scarzone, bk soda and vinegar, vitamins, and lime/lemon method. The marks have faded a litte bit, but not to the point where I'm happy.

If you have ANY results of ANY kind, whether it is through methods on here or a perscription you are taking, then post your results here for body acne red marks.

THANKS!

The best thing for this is an AHA product.

I would recommend the Alpha Hydrox enhanced lotion.

It has 10% AHA in it.

It costs about 13 dollars.

They sell it in Eckerd and Riteaid.

This is a great product.

I had really bad redmarks on my body and it got rid of all the redmarks.

It took about 3 months to get rid of all the redmarks.

One thing I wanted to ask.

You were taking a 50% peel.

The body can definitely handle a 50% peel, since the body skin is much thicker then the face skin.

How did this peel work on you?

I don't think I used the peel to it's full effect because I did it twice and stopped because I started breaking out for the first time in like 2 months. I was on accutane a while ago so I figured my acne was pertty much cleared up. My face and neck are 100% clear and I'm grateful for that, but my chest and back get small sporadic break outs now and it is pissing me off. I am now focusing on trying to fight my acne, but I'll try your suggestion with the AHA product. Thanks so much for your reply because I rarely see anyone post about body acne marks.

Anyone else have marks that they have helped fade on their chest and back?

MY Ance marks on my back, go away by themselves. its just my face thats dealing with them. I dont know why they go away on my back and not on my face. Anybody know???? confused.gif

I have the exact opposite of what you have. My face is usually acne-free and whenever a pimple does show up, it heals easily. However, my back and chest get more acne and they don't heal there. Anyone have solutions that work for the back? I bought that Alpha Hydroxyl cream that Ryan suggested, so I'll give it a lot of time before I judge it.

Thanks

man i hate having chest and back marks because everyone else is focused on their face. i know there are other people with chest and back marks, but no one ever responds. i've put a lot of things up for chest and back marks, but hardly anyone responds.

I once had a derm who told me, face redmarks are harder to deal with than body redmarks. He said if, for example, there are redmarks on your back, they will go away with a bit of tanning because the melanin or pigment will just blend there. But the face should never catch the sun. There the redmarks will get worse. I am thinking of going to a solarium and ask them if I can tan just my body but not the face. Maybe 10-15 minutes will be enough.

i really hate those body scars. gonna try the 50% glycolic acid peel today on my back and hope this will work!!! i should pick up that aha lotion you guys are talking about too. thanks