Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warcraft3

SMOKING (plz help)

1)does smoking affect ur acne?

2)does smoke affect ur acne?

i have been to diff dermas and they have diff answers plz help. my friends are smoking in my face sometimes

my view is that if your actually inhaling the smoke then it's another toxin in your body to mess it up so I don't smoke, I try avoid standing close to people who do smoke apart from the fact it stings my eyes and makes me smell funny I'm worried that it might be clogging up my pores... god knows after a night out at the pub I usually end up getting a few new spots.

hi, u see after i quit smoking my acne get better,but it not completely gone,2 to 3 spot sometimes,so im not sure if it does affect it.as for smoke i don't think so cus all my frenz are smokers and i hang out with them everytime,does not affect my acne, maybe everyone skin is different but that my view :)

I found 1 study regarding this. Of course you can never make a judgement based on 1 study, but this study showed that smokers had more prevalence of acne and more severe cases. There are no other studies to my knowledge, and no studies attempting to link secondhand smoke and acne.

Just another reason smoking is stupid? Maybe.

-Dan

smoke..

according to my dermatologists:

1st hand smoke :

it would build some toxins on u.. coz u smoke..smoke contains alot of thousands of chem. or toxins that mixes with blood..

2nd hand smoke :

smoke would act like barbecue on u specially on a smokin area around a club or night pub..

it would definitely clog ur pores with ash (smoke contains ash!!)

hope this helps..

smoking affects every aspect in life.. im a chain smoker befor.. now im changing my life.. im 19 and i feel better not smoking ..

smoke affects ur skin, heart, lungs, every digestive system on your body.. remembr when u smoke u get this rewards ( if u call them awards.. hehe lol)

1. bad breath

2. stained teeth

3. stained gums

4. black lips

5. nausea

6. lung cancer / cough

7. heart disease in the future

8. clogged arteries and veins

9. haggard skin!!

10. ACNE is worse..!

so quit smoking. or smoke in moderation. everything in moderation would do nice. =)

i have had acne-face for about 10 years and my sister has had the face of a goddess... Well, she decided to be cool and start smoking and now every time I see her she has 2 or 3 BIG spots around her mouth. I would say it is definitely affecting her...

As for me, yes, a night out at a rock and roll show definitely wreaks havoc on my face.

I would tell your friends to please be more considerate!

cat

god knows after a night out at the pub I usually end up getting a few new spots. 

Do you drink when you go out. I'm sure my drinking affects my acne because drinking dehydrates you. I will never stop drinking but these days I always drink about a litre of water once I'm home to try rehydrate before I go to sleep O:)

Good for you! =D> A non smoker and non drinker living in the UK must mean you have a lot more disposable income than most people...

smoking dehydrates the skin, nicotine breaks down collagen, so the skin heals slower w/ more wrinkling {nice!} and it DIRTY!!!

I smoke :-s yes, I know.....and when I quit, it helps. Just less crap for your skin& body to have to tolerate!

ps: been trying to quit for last 6 months, and it SUX ](*,)

DRink a lot of alcohol and have a night without sleep made my acne very better... I don't know why, but it was so dramatical that I can't doubt about that. :)/ But I'd never drunk for improving acne... becoming alcoholic is more dangerous & painfull than being acneic...

(...) had the face of a goddess... Well, she decided to be cool and start smoking and now every time I see her she has 2 or 3 BIG spots around her mouth. I would say it is definitely affecting her...

I think about this subject quite alot.

I smoke about a pack a week and sometimes when i smoke more i think it causes a break out small or big.

But then i think about my recent holiday, and for a month i recon i was on a pack a day ( NOT PROUD :)) But my skin at that time, was as good as it had been in years! Also the sea might have helped that too.

Then i got home and it went horrible again... and the fact that i was on holiday i dont think had anything to do with it since im practically on holiday at home too.

Smoking has no effect on acne whatsoever.If it chills you out when your skin is bad and you have the blues, go ahead, light up.Don't let the smoke police frighten you into thinking your skin will suffer aswell as your lungs, sperm count, teeth stains etc..Girl at work smokes 40 a day..she is a doll.The veggie who doesn't smoke, drink, or smile much, her skin is clogged and inflamed...use the regime, take your vitamins, drink a little water and live a little!

Smoking has no effect on acne whatsoever.If it chills you out when your skin is bad and you have the blues, go ahead, light up.Don't let the smoke police frighten you into thinking your skin will suffer aswell as your lungs, sperm count, teeth stains etc..Girl at work smokes 40 a day..she is a doll.The veggie who doesn't smoke, drink, or smile much, her skin is clogged and inflamed...use the regime, take your vitamins, drink a little water and live a little!

1)does smoking affect ur acne?

2)does smoke affect ur acne?

i have been to diff dermas and they have diff answers plz help. my friends are smoking in my face sometimes

Smoking affects your skin itself, not your acne directly. It will make your skin look like shit whether you got acne or not. Your skin will be pale (everlastingly making your pimples stand out more ofcourse), dull and lifeless. Believe me, my brother smoked for 10 years and his skin is so dull. I drink so much water and dont smoke and my skin has such a nice tone and glow to it its not even funny. So basically, smoking wont make your acne worse but itll add to the unnactactive appearance to your skin.