Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Taking a hot shower makes you red marks a whole lot redder. I dont know about changing seasons affecting red marks though

danm, I'm currently on Accutane and it pisses me off that I can't do these awesome glycolic acid peels I hear so much about. I am however using emu oil but I feel as if it is making me break out. Can it do that if you use too much or something?

edit: sorry. Didn't mean to post twice eusa_wall.gif

the thing that finally helped my redmarks fade after YEARS of suffering from redmark after redmark was to do NOTHING.

All these experiments and miracle cures, lotions, potions, and other notions for redmarks do only one thing: break you out more. More breakouts = more new redmarks. You'll never get rid of them like that.

Leave them alone. Keep your skin clear of active acne, just concentrate on that. You'll see that slowly (very very very sloooowwwwly) your redmarks will fade. eusa_pray.gif If mine can fade, anyone's can! believe me, i was like one big walking redmark redface.gif I know it's hard to be patient, but there really is no miracle cure.

Leave them alone. Keep your skin clear of active acne. It works. wub.gif

Do you know what I've found that has really helped my red marks fade, that is pretty much free? Egg white & Lemon mask. Use it atleast once a day. Makes your skin feel soo soft and it actually helps with the marks.

All it is, is eggwhite with a squeeze of lemon juice, whipped up and just apply it to your face for like 10 minutes, then rinse off. I got that idea from Delna and have been using it for a while now. smile.gif

Do you know what I've found that has really helped my red marks fade, that is pretty much free? Egg white & Lemon mask. Use it atleast once a day. Makes your skin feel soo soft and it actually helps with the marks.

All it is, is eggwhite with a squeeze of lemon juice, whipped up and just apply it to your face for like 10 minutes, then rinse off. I got that idea from Delna and have been using it for a while now. smile.gif

the thing that finally helped my redmarks fade after YEARS of suffering from redmark after redmark was to do NOTHING.

All these experiments and miracle cures, lotions, potions, and other notions for redmarks do only one thing: break you out more.  More breakouts = more new redmarks.  You'll never get rid of them like that.

Leave them alone.  Keep your skin clear of active acne, just concentrate on that.  You'll see that slowly (very very very sloooowwwwly) your redmarks will fade.  eusa_pray.gif If mine can fade, anyone's can!  believe me, i was like one big walking redmark  redface.gif I know it's hard to be patient, but there really is no miracle cure.

Leave them alone.  Keep your skin clear of active acne. It works.  wub.gif

does anyone's redmarks change colour after a shower or when the weather changes from hot to cold.

thanks let me know becoz my does.

All these experiments and miracle cures, lotions, potions, and other notions for redmarks do only one thing: break you out more.  More breakouts = more new redmarks.  You'll never get rid of them like that.

Leave them alone.  Keep your skin clear of active acne, just concentrate on that.  You'll see that slowly (very very very sloooowwwwly) your redmarks will fade.  eusa_pray.gif If mine can fade, anyone's can!  believe me, i was like one big walking redmark  redface.gif I know it's hard to be patient, but there really is no miracle cure.

Can someone tell me what may causes permanent red marks? I sometimes read that people's red marks become permanent. I know that marks may take months to more than a year to heal and I know permenant marks happens very rarely but after 1 month and not noticing much of a difference on some of my marks, it makes me wonder. Is there a way to tell if yours is permanent, or is time the only way to tell?

my red marks are fading, but iv not used anything other than bp gel, because 2 be honest, i dont dare in case i get a breakout. also, iv found that if i dont wear makeup at all, and just stick 2 the regimen, my red marks fade a lot faster. seeing as its the holidays, im not gona wear much makeup, cos i REALLY dont want bad skin when i get back to college.

Can someone tell me what may causes permanent red marks? I sometimes read that people's red marks become permanent. I know that marks may take months to more than a year to heal and I know permenant marks happens very rarely but after 1 month and not noticing much of a difference on some of my marks, it makes me wonder. Is there a way to tell if yours is permanent, or is time the only way to tell?

i guess time will tell. some of mine are really slow faders but i barely have some on my right cheek now.

i think the only way to find out if theyre permanent is for a dermatologist to see it. but more times than not that it will fade within time.

i guess time will tell. some of mine are really slow faders but i barely have some on my right cheek now.

i think the only way to find out if theyre permanent is for a dermatologist to see it. but more times than not that it will fade within time.

I agree.

Sorry to say but i completely disagree with this statement. I waited 2 years for my red marks to fade without agravating it with any chemicals and they did not fade at all. Finally deciding to do something about it, i come across various regimens. First off tried Delna's regimen which did help fade a little but did not completely fade them. Using aloe vera caused minor fading whilst breaking me out so wan't a good idea. Finally Vitamin C and lemon water has completely faded these red marks that have been haunting me for over 2 years. Coincidence? believe what you like, maybe mine needed 2 years to heel, you can keep waiting if you like or just give his simple regimen a try.

surewhatever: Congrats on fading your red marks, and i admire you for having the patients to play time. But if you could have found a regimen that would have cleared you up in a month rather than a year, would you experiment? The answers obvious its just a matter of taking a chance, like i said i waited 2 years without success and yes everyones skin and healing process varies, but it comes back to whether the individual is willing to take a chance, well thats another story.

have you guys looked at a product called Clarity C serum on ebay. all the people i know said it worked. i reordered some just now. its topical vit. c