Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tacey

I think I burned myself Do I need to medical help?

Hey, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that recieved awesome results on 20% tca. I'm thinking about doing another peel too. Probably around next week is when I'm planning on doing it. When are you going to do your next peel? What ointments did you use when you did your peel? Did you prep your skin with retinol before doing it?

Wow Tacey, you're an amazingly beautiful girl. And I have so much respect for you for being able to go through what you did. You're an inspiration to me now I feel. My skin right now around my mouth is pink and tender from me scratching at my red marks in my sleep. And I was devastated about it but now I see what you went through. And honestly, in your before pictures, you still looked beautiful to me. But I understand the want to get rid of the scars. I have three scars on my face from being attacked by a dog when I was little, and even though they aren't really visible at all, I still wish they would go away. But I know these scars will be with me forever. Now I can just hope these parts around my face will not scar.

Anyways, again, wow your strength amazes me.

Hey, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that recieved awesome results on 20% tca. I'm thinking about doing another peel too. Probably around next week is when I'm planning on doing it. When are you going to do your next peel? What ointments did you use when you did your peel? Did you prep your skin with retinol before doing it?

do u guys like stay home during the peel ?? i wouldnt be outside if my face is peeling like that .....

Does your derm agree with another peel so soon?

I'm curious what your family says about it now. I could really relate to you mom coming in and telling you get that off your face.

I hope the mandelic acid helps.

Sharon

Sharon- Ha, my derm doesn't even know. But now that I talked with my derm, I"m thinking about getting rid of my hyp before I do another peel. My makeup is not covering up my marks that well and its a pain. My family at first thought I was crazy when I did my first peel. Now that my face is back to somewhat normal they see how beneficial peels can be. So now there not worried if I do another peel. As long as the percentage of the tca is low and I'm only doing one or two layers.

acnesuxx-Yup, basically I stay in my house like a hermit. I would wear hats, bandages, and sunscreen when I did some errands.

s500-I used to have the same problems like you. Rubbing, picking scabs. It's awful I know. You used zinc oxide? I used cp. The cp itched like crazy. Hopefully it helped with my healing process though.

Kamni- Thanks for the sweet comment. I'm still surprised how I did. Looking at myself each day was a nightmare at times but I had to keep telling myself that it was only temporary. Sorry to hear about your scratching incident. Hopefully it will heal without scarring.

The peel did help with my ice picks. biggrin.gif I personally think it helped my rolling and boxcars the best.

hey tacey, i've been followng you ever since you did your peel. I wanted to ask if you can put up some new updated pictures of yourself seeing that it hgas been a month and the redness and bruising should be lessening and looking better? thanks and very anxious in seeing your results.

smile.gif

I cannot believe you peeled it off yourself on the WHOLE FACE! PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HAVE THE COMPULSIVENESS TO PICK should really refrain from peels completely. You will end up ruining your face!!

I like to add an update since its almost been a year since my experiment with tca's. I have to say I love acid peels. Without them, I don't know what I'll do! So after my experiment last year that sent my face looking like some burnt victim, I had to rest for 2 weeks. :( I refused to do anymore peels for a very long time. Then after a couple of months, I I only did spot treatments. I did them on my cheeks that had identations. I did two treatments on them with 20% tca. I have to say, I officially raised them up. :) As far as my linear scar....well I did do like two more treatments and saw improvements but not more than 80% I still have to do more peels on them since it hasn't fully raised up to my normal skin area. As far as my hyperpigmentation...that slowly faded away over time. I noticed that Neutrogena's pore refiner and another toner, rats I forgot, but they both have salcycic acid and glycolic acid so it speeds up exfoliation while tightening your pores. It's amazing! I also used madelic acid...and another product I forgot, sorry, that was quite popular in the forums. Oh, madelic acid is also great in controlling oil shine on your face :D Anyways, I can now put on makeup on and people can't even detect that I had acne problems. Now when I have an acne forming on my face or already on there, I add some tca or jessener and it usually disappears in about three days to a week. :dance: Usually my pimples would last forever so this is something I must do. If you have any questions feels free to ask. :)

hi, i had 4 obagi blue peels at 20%. the first two tca's were dissappointing but my third one was dramatic, my open pores and scarring on my cheeks improved alot, the only problem is that i became so impatient i peeled most of the blue peel myself on the 10th day which has left me with more scars, now i have horrible line/wrinkle type scars and ive been trying everything to get rid of them. i even had anotheer tca peel but that did nothing. picking my peel is definately the biggest regret of my life!! however im going for a 15% tca next week so ill keep you guys posted, fingers crossed. anyone know how to deal with these wrinkle/line scars??

Beverly, I've been thinking. Did you try Hyaluronic serum? They say it attaches to moisture in the skin so it plumps it up.

Anyone? Can that help? Denise? :angel:

Beverly, I've been thinking. Did you try Hyaluronic serum? They say it attaches to moisture in the skin so it plumps it up.

is that the stuff from julie, hyaluronic acid? ive got a sample of that but i havent tried it yet, is that permanent or temporary?

Yes, that's one of them. Many sell hyaluronic serums. I have no idea if it's temporary or has a cumulative effect. Ask Julie, unless others here know and can comment.

I also think you should give the exfol/cp serum a chance. It has shrunk my pores to half their size in less than two weeks. Try to figure a rutine where you do that and once every 4 weeks you have a peel too.

Bev, here's what they wite about Hyaluronic acid at naturalskinshop:

Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in the joints, the deeper layers of skin, the umbilical cord and in fetal skin. Hyaluronic was for many years only used post-surgery to help the healing process. (Medically speaking : Hyaluronic reduces the incidence of post operative adhesions, is a viscoelastic agent in intra-ocular surgery and a synovial replacement fluid. Hyaluronic is also known as Sodium Hyaluronate)

The use of topical Hyaluronic for post-operative healing led to the revelation that Hyaluronic is an incredibly effective moisturizing and anti-aging skin treatment.

Hyaluronic Acid has subsequently been tested and found by the FDA to be an effective ingredient in the anti-aging treatment process.

The unique properties of Hyaluronic Acid make it the ideal anti-aging treatment that is part of a good skin care routine. Hyaluronic Acid plays an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication and cellular function. Moisturization and hydration of the skin with Hyaluronic is rejuvenating as Hyaluronic Acid is able to hold more water than any other natural substance. Its unmatched hydrating properties result in increased smoothness, softening and decreased wrinkles.

Hyaluronic Acid has also been shown to reduce dryness, itching and burning of the skin. It offers an excellent environment for the growth of new cells and healing following chemical, Glycolic, Lactic and Salicylic skin peeling, exfoliation and microdermabrasion

Hyaluronic Acid is a major constituent of the extra-cellular matrix surrounding rapidly dividing cells. It has been shown to be an integral component in the rapid and scarless wound healing observed in fetal and neonatal organisms. In addition, the cellular actions precipitated by Hyaluronic Acid are integral to the seemingly magical biochemistry of fetal development.

It is well documented that fetal tissues contain large amounts of Hyaluronic Acid and that decreasing Hyaluronic Acid content correlates with aging and wrinkling. Therefore practical attempts to prolong and recapture youth by revitalizing damaged tissue should include this molecule.

Yes, that's one of them. Many sell hyaluronic serums. I have no idea if it's temporary or has a cumulative effect. Ask Julie, unless others here know and can comment.

I also think you should give the exfol/cp serum a chance. It has shrunk my pores to half their size in less than two weeks. Try to figure a rutine where you do that and once every 4 weeks you have a peel too.

thanks do you know if you can apply this during the apeel daily? and do you know how to apply it??

I know that you shouldn't apply ANYTHING in the days after Apeel correct. She says that specifically. I don't know about the apeel daily. Don't be ashamed to send her an e-m and ask. She's always replied to my e-m's and is very helpful.

beverly,

I know for a fact that if you treat your scars repetitively with acid peels that there will be great results. But your picking can only reverse or even damage the skin more. Please stop picking. It's the only way to improve your skin if you keep doing these treatments. Thank goodness nothing major happend to me when I picked from my first tca peel. I learned my lesson the first time. The last couple peels I did, I refused to pick. I kept telling myself, if I wait a couple more days I can have the skin of my dreams.

After my TCA peels my skin turns dark. Eventually the dark areas dry up and turn leathery and peel.

It is only normal that the face turns slightly red after the chemical has been applied. This means that the TCA is already working its purpose. It helps to use iced saline on your face for discomfort. Usually surgeons will offer you pain killers or sedatives to tolerate the pain before you apply the tca peel. Your face should achieve to its normal color after 15 to 45 minutes.

I would just like to update on my scars. After my huge major peel that I did about one year ago, my skin was looking great. All my scars that I had trouble with were fading away nicely. That is because I would always put a dab of tca on the scar I would see. Soon I found myself, looking scarless. Well, I shouldn't say that. They were nicely plummed to the surface,even and not discolered that I thought they were gone. But then came a break out that happend this month. All the hard work....pain, emotions and money I dealt with for almost two years is gone down the drain. I'm starting to break out and i'm starting to think.....well this self destruction of my body ever end? In that i mean the acne.

I would just like to update on my scars. After my huge major peel that I did about one year ago, my skin was looking great. All my scars that I had trouble with were fading away nicely. That is because I would always put a dab of tca on the scar I would see. Soon I found myself, looking scarless. Well, I shouldn't say that. They were nicely plummed to the surface,even and not discolered that I thought they were gone. But then came a break out that happend this month. All the hard work....pain, emotions and money I dealt with for almost two years is gone down the drain. I'm starting to break out and i'm starting to think.....well this self destruction of my body ever end? In that i mean the acne.

But are your scars visible again? I would be so ecstatic just to be rid of my scars..

tacey, this is so sad to hear. Acne is a horror! my suggestion is go get antibiotics. At least try it. I took minocyclin and it cleared my face in about 10 days (and I'm talking about the one and only cystic breakout I had).

Tracy,

I would go on an antibotic first, like Hopesprings suggested. Give that a try for 2 to 3 months. If you need something stronger, perhaps you should try accutane? It might be the way to go. I don't believe you mentioned that you ever went through a course of this drug. Keep in mind there are several side effects, including possibly depression. It is serious stuff, but it has helped several people get their acne under control. It's not always a panacea, but it seems to be a great drug for many.

If you do go on accutane, you would have to stop any form of scar treatment until 6 months to a year after your treatment course has ended. (You are usually on accutane for five months).

I hope things work out for you and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Annde