Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrb23

depressed

will it help to take anti depressive pills maybe then we do not think about the scars and see more the goods in life someone experience with this?

I've been on antidepressants before and had every side effect. Particularly, an INCREASE in depression. I guess that's rare but it's just something you need to think about before deciding to take them. The way I see it is, taking a pill isn't going to magically make you stop caring about your scars.

that is true, I was on anti depressant pills once and will never go on them again. I force myself to work out when I get depressed or go out with friends.

I was on and off anti-d's for a few years and I think they made me more manic and obsessive. They may give you a short term boost, but in all honesty you need to learn how to deal with your depression without medication because you will still need to do that even when you take anti-d's. Go talk to your doctor about all the risks. If you still want them then only do them for 6 months and then take a long break. Be careful though because they do have side effects and it can be difficult to ween yourself off them.

will it help to take anti depressive pills maybe then we do not think about the scars and see more the goods in life someone experience with this?

I think it's fine to try anti-depressants and see if they work for you. I've tried them and at least I know that I'm not missing out on that much. I do have a bottle of Prozac and somehow it just makes me feel better to have it ("in case of emergency") but I never really want to take it, unless, say, I'm dealing with a death. Everyone reacts differently. I actually did like Prozac because it worked like an "upper" for me, but I know someone who insisted it doesn't work like that, it's supposed to take a long time to kick in or see the effects, so maybe it was psychosomatic. Prozac has worked very well for 2 friends of mine, one swears by it. But I definitely don't think it will work for everyone, though, and I DO NOT like the way doctors have a tendency to prescribe something and INSIST you stay on it, even if you can't stand it, just so they can monitor your progress like some sort of lab rat.

After fighting depression for over 30 years I've found that the thing that works best is doing things you really love and are passionate about, and focusing on that more than anything else in your life. And knowing there's no miracle cure for anything. Expecting depression to go away quickly is like a guaranteed recipe for even more depression. You have to try a bunch of stuff and find out what seems to work best for you.

Libby

ok thanks for your answers....my scars aren't really bad but i have only some ice picks and when i look in the mirror from a long distance then it's ugly to see...

also what i hate is when i talk with people and they see my scars the feel over their own skin with their hands that's making me depressed.....