Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finally gotten rid of the acne! biggrin.gif

but now my cheeks are TOTALLY covered in red marks, at the time bein im just tryin to disguise them, cos at 15 i think it might be a little bit risky doin a g. peel or microdermabrasion, as

1) i dont know where i'd go 2 get one

2) don't know whee to find a kit to do a diy one - i seen them advertised in american teen mags but hello, im in irealnd!

3) i have a couple of indented red marks and i know that thats not good (not sure y tho....)

if i could easily get rid of redmarks without 1 of these if happily do so...i could work on da indentations l8r!

but if anyone knows of a VERY good camoflaging foundation to use i wood b soooo grateful!

at da mo i use estee lauder double wear, its pretty good but u can still see my redmarks grrrrrrrrrrrrr! evil.gif

thanx 4 ur help!

Hey there. I am in the same position as you no acne but lots of red marks. I find that when I do where make up I can cover the red marks better if you blot on your fondation over the red marks. I fyou apply it everywhere just apply as usual and then put a little on your finger and gently tap it over the red marks until blended. It's the best method I've found. As for make up I use Merle Norman but I think any make up should do the trick. Congrats on being clear, the red marks should eventually fade! Keep your head up! razz.gif

Guest TylerD

Ya ive heard alot of good things about dermablend. Its a cream and a powder...isnt it?? Anyway ive heard from alot of ppl that they have huge pimples and they put it on and it completely covers. Same with the redmarks. You might want too look into that. But i hear for the entire foundation its like 90 bucks or something.

wow! thanks you guys! i don't know if i can get dermablend over here though, i'll have to look into it, but thanks 4 all ur tips! xxx

IrishGirl, I am the queen of covering red marks and pimples, Ive been doing it since I was 13, I am now 23 and am an expert!

Whichever foundation you decide to use (even though I reccomend kanebo's pressed powder which covers magnificently) you need to use a concealer too (and for this I reccomend revlon colourstay concealer), followed by a good loose powder to keep the make up in. Trust me, if done correctly (and not overdoing it with quantity of each application) you can achieve a very natural look, people wont even realize you have make up!

What you do is first you apply the foundation all over your face for a smooth even complexion, once its totally dry and absorbed into your face, you take the concealer and dab just a little on each red mark, then pat it in until its blended. Wait a few minutes, and then apply the loose powder. Personally i like to put a little blush on my cheeks at the end, this not only distracts people from your pimples/red marks, but it will also give your face a beautiful glow about it.

Good luck smile.gif

wow! all these tips are great thank you all so much! i already use enough foundation and loose powder - and sometimes finish with bronzer - cos im pretty pale, but now im gonna go out 2moro and get some new concealer

thanxxxxx