Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

HELP! I need a regimen! ###########

I've been using Sacryilic Acid (SA) for a few days, and it's just seemed to make my spots redder and make more appear on the sides of my face.

I randomly wash my face alternating between Biore Pore Unclogger and Tea Tree Foaming Wash.

Seriously guys, my confidence is 0. I get afraid to meet up with my girlfriend because of it.

HELP!?

Guest Tempest

consider a facial to extract the plugs (blackheads)...then get with a product you like and stick with it...SA products help with blackheads some but pick it in a gentle form and stick with it in a consistent manner. your girl friend is your girlfriend because she likes YOU!!!! I'm sure she already knows what your face is like and it doesn't bother her, that's why she's your girlfriend, right? wink.gif

Howdy cool.gif

You might want to consider looking at my regimen listed as "100% crystal clear". It's given me clear skin without ANY irritation. Either that or look into the Clear Skin Regimen- which might be a bit more irritating but with excellent results as well.

Guest Tempest

Briguy, does Hibicleans help with blackheads?

Hey Inty. Would you mind telling us how your acne is? Do you have a lot of red marks? Also post how your regimen goes (morning & nighttime). Maybe then we can weed out some other regimens and find one for you.

Hey Inty. Would you mind telling us how your acne is? Do you have a lot of red marks? Also post how your regimen goes (morning & nighttime). Maybe then we can weed out some other regimens and find one for you.

Keep your head up Inty. Once you clear up (soon hopefully) you'll look back on this and see it as a growing experience. biggrin.gif

Anyway, when you wash with the Tea Tree Foaming Wash or the Biore Unclogging Scrub, how do they leave your face feeling? Whenever you wash with a cleanser, make sure it simply leaves you with a clean, dry feeling, not that tight, overdrying feel. It seems like SA isn't helping you much so if you don't find success with the Clearasil 3 in 1 Acne Defense Cleanser, it's best to switch up the type of cleaners you use. In your case, i recommend avoiding any cleansers containing SA or BP. I've read that the Burts Bees Tomato Soap is good for blackheads (or as Laura123 recommended. haha). I use Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash (sensitive) with much success.

Also, you should try out some nighttime skin care products. There are a lot of good lotions and masks out there but I heartily recommend Dove Sensitive Essentials Night Cream. I'd say it's the best nighttime lotion/cream out there. The smell does get a bit getting used to though.

Moreover, what does your diet consist of? There's a lot of bullish about how there is absolutely no link between food and acne but there are definitely foods out there that can exacerbate and pronounce your acne. Drink plenty water as it is the most natural way to hydrate your skin and cleanse your "insides". Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as their vitamins help more than one would think. But all in all, just make sure you eat a nice, balanced diet. Try to stay away from fried foods, sweets, and drinks such as soda (100% fruit drinks such as Naked Juices seem fine to me though... and they're great tasting).

Lastly, tell your girlfriend that you're struggling with acne. Girls are great with skin-care regimens unless they're the "makeup" type. They know a surprising amount of information concerning maintenance and cleansing. Girls are also more understanding and compassionate (hence the "mother" attribute. haha). Telling her your struggle might actually bring you two closer ya know? I think girls like that kind of stuff (conforming to leaning on their shoulders).

Long post. Time to shut up. Good luck Inty. Hoping for the best eh.