Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scotty

Red Blotches and other freakin problems - please help

My face looks like crap today. ](*,)

I don't understand it - my skin tone seemed to be evening out since I started the vinegar method - but today I wake up and my face is full of red blotches.

What the hell is going on? My face looks bad enough with all these damn icepicks, rolling scars, etc scattered all over my face but add in this discoloration and I look like hell.

The blotches are scattered across my forehead and the T-zone (nose and under the eyes). I have sun-damaged skin under my eyes from when I was a kid.

Can anyone recommend what I can do to get rid of this damn blotchiness?

I am seriously considering getting "skin rejuvenation" treatments from a derm (microderm and smoothbeam) - will this help? Is there another laser that is used to get rid of red blothces (even out skin tone)?

How about sun damaged skin? I have very red puffy skin under my eyes from way too much sun one summer when I was 13 years old. Will the microderm and smoothbeam help with that?

How about dark circles under the eyes? Can anyone recommend what I can do to lighten these dark circles under my eyes (I get plenty of sleep).

Damn my skin sucks - any of these problems on their own ould be tolerable but combined my skin looks like hell. After 15 years of bad skin, I've just about had it. ](*,)

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Another question -

any suggestions on how to keep a pimple you can feel under the surface of your skin from rearing it's ugly head on top.

I have a couple of spots under my eyes where I can feel a pimple under the surface but it isn't visible yet. How can I get these to heal before they turn into cysts and possible scars. Thanks.

hey scotty,

sounds like you need a chemical peel, they are especially good for people with blotchy/sun damaged skin...when the new skin appears it will be one tone and will probably help lessen your scars also.

Look into TCA peels, you won`t need a harsh one so you won`t have much down time...

good luck..

are you using a topical solution for your acne? i use Zineryt; its good because when applied to a spot thats becoming active it pretty much drie it out before it has a chance to get big and sore...

If the redspots occurred after you started using the vinegar, and it's the only new addition to your routine then you might want to take a week off from it and see if the red marks disappear/get better.

Some other things to try:

- Vita K for blotchy skin

- lactic acid peel

- glycolic acid peel

- the tape method of exfoliation

I have no idea what to tell you about dark circles, sorry.

Are the blotches scaly, itchy or just patches of dried skin. You might have eczema, dermatitis or rosacea- all very common in the T zone. Go to a derm to get a proper diagnosis. Never heard of a 13 year old getting permanent pigmentation from the sun lasting. It usually surfaces later on in life around 40s. I've been sun abusing my skin since 5 and i have some freckle sunspots.

Scotty,

For the Blotches : STOP the vinegar right away or dilute it with distilled water until it doesn't sting anymore. My skin got irritated after 10 days of vinegar treatment, I got blotches and white bumps on my cheeks, around my eyes and forehead. Try egg white mask (if you have oily skin) or egg yolk mask (if you have dry skin) every night to soothing your skin. Use plain jojoba oil , extra virgin olive oil (if you have dry skin) or pure aloe vera gel (if you want 'oil free' moisturizer) afterward. See after a few day. My blotches gone right after I stopped the vinegar, and the white bumps are completely gone now (after 4 days "vinegar free" and using egg mask)

For dark circle : Get enough sleep!! You need at least 8 hrs sleep to get rid of those dark circles. Believe me, I've been there too. O:) Try to put cool tea bags (I drink green tea, so I use the left over bags) on your eyes when you go to bed and left them there. Do it again for 10 minutes in the morning. I did that for several days. If you don't drink tea, dip 2 cotton balls in cold milk and put them on your eyes. You can also use 2 slices of cucumber or potatoes, but I like tea or milk better.

Keeping the zits from forming : I have used undiluted lavender essential oil or tea tree oil. Just dab it using a q-tip. Lavender works better than tea tree for me (and smells better, too!). Right now I use pure lime juice (lime, not lemon), cheaper than essential oil and works good with my scar, too! I just dab the juice (u only need several drops) over the affected areas (don't do it for the whole face unless you want to bleach your face!). When it dries, I dab a bit of zinc oxide (diaper ointment) over it. Works like a charm! O:)

For dark circle : Get enough sleep!! You need at least 8 hrs sleep to get rid of those dark circles. Believe me, I've been there too.  O:) Try to put cool tea bags (I drink green tea, so I use the left over  bags) on your eyes when you go to bed and left them there. Do it again for 10 minutes in the morning. I did that for several days. If you don't drink tea, dip 2 cotton balls in cold milk and put them on your eyes. You can also use 2 slices of cucumber or potatoes, but I like tea or milk better.

OK I apologize if this is a stupid question but should the tea bags be moist when I use them. I drink tea in the morning but by night-time the tea bags are pretty dried out. Should I wet them before I use them or doesn't it matter?

Just out of curiousity would you know why this works? Or what exactly is the milk/tea bag/cucumber doing that gets rid of the circles?

Thanks! :-

Yes, they have to be moist when you use them. When I drink tea, I usually don't left the glass totally empty. I left some of the liquid there and put it in the fridge, so I can use the bags at night (when I need them). Otherwise I just use cold milk, milk actually has more bleaching effect than tea. Cucumber and potato are good, too, but too much hassle to use them. You have to slice them really thin, and they are not very comfortable to put on. Better way is to grate them, lay down and put the grated cucumber/potato on your eyes, but that's even more hassle!! :- If you don't mind the hassle, grated cucumber or potato is also good for acne, scarring, and to reduce black spots. Just smear it on your face like and let dry like using facial mask.

Why they work? Hmmm....good question! I don't know for sure, but here is my theory: (not yet tested...so, should we say....my assumption?) :D

Acids tend to break out protein fibers. That's why your Mom use vinegar or lime juice to tenderize meat. That's also why your grandmother told you to put vinegar or lemon/lime juice if you got bee sting. You can use acids to help you reduce swolen areas. And you would say: "So, why don't you use vinegar or lemon for dark circle?" Yea, right! Try those for your eyes! :D Some acids also have bleaching effect. Have you ever wonder why Cleopatra use milk and honey for her bath to keep her skin soft and lighter?

Tea, milk, cucumber and potato all contain mild acids, mild enough for your eyes. (pls, don't use vinegar or lemon for your eyes!) I don't really remember chemical composition in each of them but I know tea has tannic acid, milk contains lactic acid, cucumber has gallic and oxallic acid and potatoe contains olleic acid, linoleic acid and linolenic acid. There are more acids in each of them, but I don't remember them all, I am no chemist O:) Maybe you can do your own research :D Putting them on your eyes will (hopefully) reduce puffiness and reduce your dark circle. But remember, you still need to get enough sleep to get good result O:)

Hope this answer your question :)