Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on accutane since february 1, and I only have 18 days left on it. I never had an initial breakout. My skin just stayed the same until around month 3 or 4, and then started gradually improving. I'm pretty nervous about going off of the accutane, because my skin is still not completely clear, but the dermatologist said that they never leave anybody on it for more than 25 weeks because after that it starts messing with your bones. When you finished accutane was your skin completely clear? Or did you still have a few bumps and blemishes? Is it unusual not to have an initial breakout? What kind of recurrance have you had?

Guest TylerD

Ummm thast retarted. Alot of ppl have been on accutane for over 8 months. My derm says im on for 6 months but if im still not clear by then she will keep me on for another 2 months. Most derms put their pateint on accutane and as soon as they are completely clear they will keep them on another month or so just to make sure it doesnt come back. I say if you are totally clear yet stay on another month, tell her to just let you stay on another month because you dont want to breakout again. Or els you could go pick up some bp and use that.

My mom was on accutane for a year or more..I mean that's not necessarily a good thing...I think, if you're a teenager, the doctor may just be looking out for your well-being. The medication can affect a person's mind...I don't know much about it though, that is weird that your doctor will only let you stay on it for 25 weeks.