Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Power5220

could i completely get rid of my scars?

do you think i will be able to completely get rid of these scars? (not a pic of me but the scarring is basicaly the same)

*also what kind of scar treatment should i probably get?

post-23211-1120177702_thumb.jpg

post-23211-1120177702_thumb.jpg

perhaps patience. honestly. the condition of that skin is very good.

however, I understand that everyone's comfort level in their own skin is different... so perhaps try gentle lactic peels to keep your exfoliaton moving and also keep your skin well-moisturized. L A is a great moisturizer.

your scars are quiet mild and shallow. With dermabrasion i think u can have smooth skin again. Because your scars are so supeficial, not really deep.

Good luck in your adventure.

I'm jealous of your skin. I wish mines was like yours. In all reality, i agree with the previous posters that your scarring is really superficial and a peel would greatly improve your texture. Otherwise, I don't think you need to do anything invasive.

I agree, your skin looks great. The scars are barely noticeable and the small spots would probably fade pretty easily with over-the-counter microdermabrasion stuff you can get for like 20 bucks or less. You are lucky! I know that to YOU it seems really noticeable but most people don't get that close where they would actually notice them. How often are we actually 3 inches away from someone else's face like we are when we're micro-analyzing in a mirror? : )

Good luck,

Libby

Some of you did not read what he wrote in parenthesis. The attached photo is not a picture of his skin. I'm pretty sure that's a picture of the poster Reilly's skin.

Power5220 - if that is Reilly's pic, why don't you just treat your scars the way she did?

That's incorrect MissShady. Why are you being so negative? I believe with dermabrasion/TCA Power5220 could get rid of his scars.

Edda, YOU are the one who are incorrect, anyone with sence will tell you that no one on this planet can completely get rid of a scar, no matter what kind of scar it is, sure you can get procedures done that may minimize the severity of scarring, but the scar will always remain, as it is scar tissue.

I see you are new to the board, so i'll let you off............you have a lot to learn.

If people seriously think that they can get rid of there scarring 100% percent, they are only going to be severely dissapointed. People on this board build up their hopes on this board way to much of one day finally being scar free, but it's not going to happen, at least not in this day and age.

man i wouldn't worry about anything, your skin is fine dude. that will fade over time anyway. i wouldn't bother spending ridiculous amounts of money on dermibrasion etc

if you really can't live with your skin just get some facials or some gentle peels.

there are alot of people worse off then you ... remember that!

Miss Shady, I might be new to the board, but this doesn't mean that I don't know a thing or two about scars. (Though old dogs can learn new tricks, right? wink.gif )

Yes, it surely remains scar tissue, still Power5220 asked if he could get rid of his scars, i.e. making them invisible, which can be possible.

I didn't claim that one could get rid of any scar. Of course it depends on the level of scarring. Or how would you explain to me that I got rid of scars (not that severe that is, but indented) otherwise?

From the photos, it looks like Animegirl has gotten rid of her scars completely. Her skin looks absolutely flawless now. From what I've read, it took years and many procedures to get to that point. It's important to be realistic to avoid disappointment, because total eradication is not likely absent some sort of miracle, especially from one procedure alone.

Animegirle hasn't gotten rid of her scars completely AT ALL!!!! Even she will admit that! When i look at Amimegirle's photo's i can still see scarring, that may sound harsh, but its true, although there is no denying she is a very pretty woman, and the scarring that i can see on her cheeks, isn't that bad, but it is still there.

Animegirle hasn't gotten rid of her scars completely AT ALL!!!! Even she will admit that!  When i look at Amimegirle's photo's i can still see scarring, that may sound harsh, but its true, although there is no denying she is a very pretty woman, and the scarring that i can see on her cheeks, isn't that bad, but it is still there.

I believe that Animegirle has greatly improved her scarring. Some scars may be totally gone now. Others are still there, I think.

I didn't say that she hasnt gotten rid on ANY scarring at all, i said she hasn't gotten rid of her scarring completely, all she has done like the majority of people on this board including myslef, is she has lessened the serverity of her scarring. People who get punch floats for ice pick scars are basically trading there ice pick scar for a far less severe scar. Damn this is confusing, well infact its not confusing, you guys are making it confusing, lol.

I didn't say that she hasnt gotten rid on ANY scarring at all, i said she hasn't gotten rid of her scarring completely, all she has done like the majority of people on this board including myslef, is she has lessened the serverity of her scarring.  People who get punch floats for ice pick scars are basically trading there ice pick scar for a far less severe scar.  Damn this is confusing, well infact its not confusing, you guys are making it confusing, lol.

I didn't say that she hasnt gotten rid on ANY scarring at all, i said she hasn't gotten rid of her scarring completely, all she has done like the majority of people on this board including myslef, is she has lessened the serverity of her scarring.  People who get punch floats for ice pick scars are basically trading there ice pick scar for a far less severe scar.  Damn this is confusing, well infact its not confusing, you guys are making it confusing, lol.

Also, someone I have spoken to who had exoderm reported 100% improvement in some of their scars, but not overall.