Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loveisblind1

did my second glycolic peel last night..

i have two pimples on my cheeks and one on my forehead, all of them now have scabby skin over it. sadly, i did not notice a difference from the first peel, but i was patient as i heard people didn't see results until the seond time around.

did anyone have this before? im afraid it will leave another red mark.. how long until i see results?

does anyone know what i might be doing wrong? thanks!~

The fact that your spots are scabby probably means that the peel has dried them out/ destroyed them in some way. Dont worry about not seeing results-this is completeley normal. I never saw a real improvement untill my 2nd or 3rd peel.

so its normal to see my skin look even crappier than it started out? by that i mean, my red marks seem darker, and my 3 pimples seem a lil scabby.

thanks for the reply, i will wait it out and try again next week!~

yeah, i've done glycolica and tca peels and the skin lookds great like a day or two after, then it gets like crepy, dried out. with the tac, your skin gets icky looking then flakes.

this is normal and at the end you sking looks better than ever before.

AM

yea i think the scabs helped my skin, cause when they fell off the skin looked smoother. I love glycolic peels.

sorry for the sloppy writing. i'm at work and my boss is cracking the whip. i'm rushing and a bit naucious at the same time.

sorry... eusa_wall.gif

i did my first peel yesterday. i used 30% and it burned like hell...LOL! glad the company sent me the wrong one or i would of died with 50%. anways....my skin didn't look that bad yesterday. it was just red but it eventually went away after a few hours. and today i can see some improvement on my red marks. it has faded just slightly. also i do have that scabbing thing too. they aren't notcieable because they're small.....but i have noticed scabbing on my jaw line. i'm guessing they are dried out pimples.

well at least im glad to hear that scabbin isnt the end of it all. i was almost thinkin about givin up hope in glycolic peels. i will try again next week its been my third day sincce i did my second peel. my skin is still a lil dry . however it doesn't seem like my red marks are goin away all that much. i think i will only do a little over a minute next time because i think i might have done it for a litlle longer than i should have (1 min 15 seconds first layer, 1 minute 2nd layer).

i was afraid i burned my pimple. i only have one now. the others have scabbed over and the bakin soda routine peeled it off.

i hope i dont lose hope in glyolic peels! any good encouragement or advice will help a lot! thanks guys~

You know your only suppose to have 1 peel Once a week right? If you've done it more than once a week then your doing it wrong.