Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntzinPantz

Which scars won't fillers help?

I can't seem to find any specific information about what scars types aren't helped by using fillers/Isolagen. Some sites say chicken pox scars can be filled in, but not scars that are bound down. I thought chicken pox were bound down atrophic scars, am I wrong?

I don't want to get my hopes before I go to see about Isolagen just to find out that it can't be used on my scars. The worrying thing is my derm said that fillers won't be any use for me, but I don't think he has a good knowledge of Isolagen or was talking about fat transplants.

Any help or info on this subject would be appreciated :-k

Subcision definitely made my ice-picks more shallow. I am hoping that isolagen will fill these and all my other scars e.g. boxcar, craters, chicken pox. I will keep you all posted.

I've just had a discussion with a doctor regarding isolagen and he suggested subscision then the introduction of isolagen after swelling subsides in a week or two. The filler would apparently help to support the newly released scar.

I too have chicken pox scars [about 6 deep ones and a heap of smaller shallow ones] and they are bound scars that need to be cut free before any sort of filler will be useful apparently.

It makes logical sense that this approach would work better than simply injecting isolagen into the scar to attempt to raise it.

I'm seeing him in consultation on the 20th of June so hopefully he will be able to give me some more accurate details and an idea of what procedure might be best for my problem.

yup, does make sence, but I would have thought an isolagen injection right after subsicion would be better as it gives the scar no time to re-attach.

--CS

CS, I think so too, but maybe it has some sort of effect on the natural healing process or something. I didn't go into massive deatil with him over the phone so I'll save my questions for the consultation on the 20th.

I'm really hoping that it will help. I'm tired of trying things, getting my hopes up and then having them dashed due to false promises. Not to mention the fact that I don't have the funds to be blowing my money on false hopes.

:)

I spoke to Dr Yeo and he is happy to do subcision in conjunction with Isolagen. When I see him for a consultation next week I will know if subcision is suitable for my scarring. If anyone who knows about these things can you check out my pictures in the gallery could you let me know what you think? thanks

At least the thought that I can have Isolagen treatment within the next 3 months is helping me cope with the dissapointment following my 2nd CO2 procedure.

I spoke to Dr Yeo and he is happy to do subcision in conjunction with Isolagen. When I see him for a consultation next week I will know if subcision is suitable for my scarring. If anyone who knows about these things can you check out my pictures in the gallery could you let me know what you think? thanks

At least the thought that I can have Isolagen treatment within the next 3 months is helping me cope with the dissapointment following my 2nd CO2 procedure.

cool, well, Dr Yeo is definatly worth a thought then, it will be hard to wait so long for an appointment Dr Chu.

hope it goes well for you.

--CS

I've heard of doctors talking about the pinch test. If you can pinch your skin and it pops up or something, it is suitable for fillers. Don't remember the exact details on this because my derm is quite hot. =P~ and I wasn't really paying too much attention what was said.

Your description doesn't really help kooky. What I think you mean is the test of applying pressure either side of the scarred area. If the scar is still indented then it is attached to the fat layer and can't be filled. If the skin goes flat then supposedly it isn't bound down.

Wierd thing is people use collagen to fill in chicken pox scars and those sorts of scars are bound down.

I think most scars are treatable if you have subcision on them first.

Sorry AP, I was drinking when I wrote that last post. I am sober now. =)I have what was described to me as "saucer" type scarring, a combination of rolling and boxcar scarring. But yes, your description fits the bill to a T. I've used collagen before and that did wonders for the scars but I generally need 2-3 vials per session at $300 per vial so it could get very expensive. Even though I make a comfortable living, I have decided to spend my hard earned $$ on other products and activities.

antz - I've had restylane and collagen injected into my chicken pox scarring and neither of them did a thing on their own except raise my hopes and brusie the surrounding tissue for a day or so.

Not to mention making me poorer.

I'm hoping that subscision will help with a filler but quite honestly, after trying needling, past fillers, dermabrasion and creams nothing really seems like it is going to rid me of these horrible things. I refuse to beleieve I have to live with them when doctors can reconstruct a face after an accident- it stands to reason they could fix some indented scarring.

I often wonder if it's just a bloody conspiracy to keep the scarred people buying more creams and procedures that they can't afford. I don't mean to sound jaded but all the past dissapointments have left me feeling pretty hopeless in regard to fixing the problem.

I refuse to have laser because I've heard nothing but dismal horror stories regarding it and I have to consider going to work and school which I can't be looking like I've had some major accident for.

I'm hoping the Doc can help me out on the 20th and give me some positive news.

[-o<

I think Isolagen works for chicken pox scars as the cells are injected inside the scar and then start to produce collagen, buildiong up layers rather than trying to pump in collagen.

I still think most scars require subcision to begin with, even shallow ones.