Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lunno

Acne from Mother or father?

Just wondering whether i have inherited acne off my mother or father? Is there a certain of males inherit of their fathers?

Both have had acne, father during puberty and mother after 30.

I am now 19 and a half, male.....

Yes, there is a family link to acne. If your parents, either one, have it bad, there is a good chance you will have it. I know I got mine from my father. My mom had what I call pretty normal skin, the occasional breakout like most people. My dad had severe, persistent acne well into adulthood, probably into his late 40's. Out of 3 sisters, I am the only one to get the persistent acne. What luck!

Yes, there is a family link to acne. If your parents, either one, have it bad, there is a good chance you will have it. I know I got mine from my father. My mom had what I call pretty normal skin, the occasional breakout like most people. My dad had severe, persistent acne well into adulthood, probably into his late 40's. Out of 3 sisters, I am the only one to get the persistent acne. What luck!

[/quote

Unlucky....But do you inherit the 'acne gene' off your father or mother? Or is it just luck with who you might inherit acne off?

We've been to the moon, developed nuclear weapons, all kinds of drugs for self enjoyment and sporting advancement, Treatements for nearly all diseases yet we cant even find a cure for pathetic acne. The treatment given is a nice "Sorry, you're just unlucky, grin and bear it my friend"

I declare life can be a bitch...

I know Lunno, I feel your pain and frustration! But I suppose since acne is not considered life threatening, or contagious, it just doesn't get priority research.

I really don't know exactly what are the genetics involved in determining who out of a family gets acne. What I do know, which may or may not be related, is that I am the only one out of my siblings that got the exact same blood type as my father, and I look the most like him, and I got this lovely skin too. Out of my dad's siblings, he has 3 brothers and 1 sister,and only the sister had bad acne along with my dad, and her sons had bad acne. So, it is definitely in the family genome or something somewhere.

Brandy

i'm not sure who I get acne from. My mum has LITERALLY had about 2 spots in her entire life and my dad never suffered badly from spots. yet me and my younger brother have acne. my brother especially.

wel my mum and dad both had it so i was pretty screwed i have 2 sisters and me and ma oldest sister both had acne but it mist my other sister out how comes. biatch lol jokin but how comes????? eusa_think.gif

my mums bro had bad acne and ma dad had it well bad. I reckon its jst a shitty gene goin round both sides of my family. My mums skins has always been fucking perfect though which kinda pisses me off coz-why couldnt i get that gene huh?!!!

neither of my parents had real acne, my dad had a few breakouts but his was really mild... only in his teens, no one in my family has a bit of acne and my grandmother claims to have never had one pimple in her life. i think god hates me

no one in my entire family tree seems to have acne ...but my aunt (from my dad's side has really oily skin) but she didnt have acne.....

...maybe coz i eat alot of junk stuff. sigh eusa_doh.gif

My mom nor dad ever had it really. You know the usual breakout that everyone gets, but nothing like mine. Mine isn't even that bad, they are so lucky in my opinion. But my aunt on my mother's side had it bad and still has it occassionally, I guess mygrandmother also had it bad she said too. Then my aunt on my father's side had it until she was in college like 3 years ago she said, I forget what she said worked for her, but I'll ask her when I see her in a few weeks when I go to visit in LA smile.gif.

Both my parents had acne when they were younger, so I guess I stood no chance...

Just my dad had acne *mom has flawless skin...* and pretty much most of the guys in my dads family, a few of my male cousins and I believe both my uncles had it. So I'm about one of the few girls in my family who got acne *sigh* sad.gif

My Dad's skin has been as smooth as a baby's bum his whole life...my Mum had horrible skin and was put on Accutane as a teenager. Myself and my two younger brothers have all suffered from acne. *sighs*

My Dad was awful and used to force us into the bathroom and pop our zits for us. I hated it...it made me feel like a piece of shit. (Sorry that comment wasn't on thread, but I just had that memory come flooding back) sad.gif

Anyways...acne I'm sure has some genetic ties just like everything else, but can't be narrowed down to just being hereditary.

both my parents had beautiful skin and they still do. my mom gets an odd spot once in a while

my mom's brother on the other hand had major acne. i wonder if that makes a difference... hmmm