Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, and it seemed pretty good. I'm new at this make-up world so I don't know the standards. I am kinda satisfiend Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but not entirely. It does not cover red marks pretty well, so I usually I buy one skin color darker than mine so that the redmarks will blend with the make-up. But that just makes my face darker than my neck.

However, I've heard good reviews on Revlon ColorStay Foundation in this board. I tried it once, and compared it with Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse on my palm. It was however, almost glittery under sunlight compared to Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Is it suppose to be like that, or did I apply too much.

Is the powder foundation better? Is the other version better (revlon natural colorstay foundation)? Please help.

I've been using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, and it seemed pretty good. I'm new at this make-up world so I don't know the standards. I am kinda satisfiend Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but not entirely. It does not cover red marks pretty well, so I usually I buy one skin color darker than mine so that the redmarks will blend with the make-up. But that just makes my face darker than my neck.

However, I've heard good reviews on Revlon ColorStay Foundation in this board. I tried it once, and compared it with Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse on my palm. It was however, almost glittery under sunlight compared to Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Is it suppose to be like that, or did I apply too much.

Is the powder foundation better? Is the other version better (revlon natural colorstay foundation)? Please help.

if ur looking to cover up blemishes..dont use liquid foundation ..thats for sheer coverage usally for ppl with clear skin on the other hand if u have pinkish undertone use estelauder camoflauge works really good but if u have yellow undertones or olive skin u should use sachas cosmetics cover camoflage, which is what i use looks very natural and hides all those nasty blemishes....i also combind a little bit of powder shimmer not glitter with my camoflage cover up, shimmer reflects light away from those blemishes

Liquid foundation is not sheer at all? They completeley vary, you cannot say they are all sheer, when they are FAR from it. I don't know what foundation you use, but if you link that all liquid foundations are sheer then you should change brands.

liquid foundation is considered sheer compared to cover creams and concealers....thats why they invented covers creams and concealers...i would think that u would have to apply alot on ur face to hide blemishes etc. with all that liquid foundation applyed would make it look fake and cakey. well its either on thin layer of cover cream or lots of layers of foundation. oh and by the way i use sachas cosmetics cover cream maybe u should try it lisa! eusa_hand.gifeusa_hand.gifeusa_hand.gif i hope i was helpful and good luck and god bless eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

I don't have ANY spots, just some very light red marks, I have never had to use something so thick as dermablend - even when I did have acne. But all I’m saying is that you cannot say that all liquid foundations are sheer, the one I am using at the moment is very sheer, but only because, I don't need to it cover anything. Yet in the past I used a different product, it was still a liquid foundation - and that covered very well.

Maybe I'm different because I don't have acne, but if yours is so bad that you need to use a cover cream, then you should probably go and see a dermatologist asap. But I have seen people using those cover creams like dermablend all over their face, and it looks absolutely terrible, so thick and fake looking. So, yes they may cover things, but they look FAR from natural. And they you give enlarged pores because the skin can't breath with them on.

lisa...lol please gurl u didnt affend me in any way shape or form but it did make me laugh a whole lot. WHAT IS THIS BATTLE OF THE PIMPLES LOL.....ITS OK I GET HATERS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. ITS NO BIGGIE. AND IF YOUR SKIN LOOKS SOOOOOO GREAT WHY ARE YOU HIDING ....POST A PICTURE DONT TALK ABOUT IT , BE ABOUT IT. WORD OF ADVICE STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON LIQUID FOUNDATION AND BY A CAMERA AND POST YOUR PIC..PLEASE DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL LISA!

I don't have a digi cam, so I can't. I'm just getting annoyed; when your posting the same bad advise in several threads.

And learn how to turn caps lock off.

LMAO....STOP BEING A HATER!!!!!! OK IM GONNA LEAVE IT ALONE CUZ IM GOING TO GET REAL GHETTO ON THAT ASS...AND IT MIGHT CAUSE ME TO BREAK OUT WITH MORE PIMPLES ON MY FACE..LOL....I APPLOGIZE TO EVERONE ELSE WHO HAD TO READ THIS BATTLE OF THE SHEER FOUNDATION WAR!..LOL eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_angel.gif P.S THE ADVICE I GIVE ON MAKEUP IS FROM MY OWN EXSPERIANCES WITH PRODUCTS I HAVE AND ARE USING CURRANTLY SO I HOPE THAT MY ADVICE WAS HELPFUL TO THOSES WHO NEEDED IT....P.S, I LOVE TYPING IN CAPS..LMAO