Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
utopian

my scars are still red after 2 years

as above, i had these scars 2 years ago, until now its still red, although it wasnt bloody red as it was when the scars were induced, but its still red, how can i lighten it? really troubled by this, would appreciate any advice my scars are indented scars by the way

as above, i had these scars 2 years ago, until now its still red, although it wasnt bloody red as it was when the scars were induced, but its still red, how can i lighten it? really troubled by this, would appreciate any advice  my scars are indented scars by the way

It really depends on what you're more concerned about, the redness or the indents.

For me, I had scars that were still red, but the fact that I had scars that were indented bothered me the most. To fix my indented scars, I have been using a topical that is a combination of salycilic acid and copper peptides. It's been making my skin a LOT smoother, helping me get rid of the indents, but it's making me have more red spots. I've been outlining my progress here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=53980

There are also other people on this board that are using TCA Cross method to fix their indented scars. Some have been quite successful. But this is not something that would help w/ redspots. TCA cross takes a lot of research, skill and caution. If you want to learn more about it, do a search on the boards and read up all you can whereas it can make your scars worse if not done correctly.

Now if it's the red spots that you rather deal with than the indents, you'd probably want to go another route. I myself use puredeming intense gel to work on my redspots and I think it works great. I also use regular old copper peptides serum (without any acids) and it seems to be working pretty good too. The redmarks forum also has a wealth of information regarding how to deal with redmarks.

Good luck smile.gif

I've had some of mine(pitted scars) for more than 4 years. At times it seems like the redness is completely gone, but when blood rushes to my face or when I rub my face(as when washing), many of my scars appear red again. Not the surrounding skin, only the scars themselves. Wierd.

it will fade with time as long as u dont break out with new acne it will fade mine faded quite a bit after 3 1/2 years but it does still get pretty red when i exercise.

I have the same problem, annoying redness in my indented scars after about 2 years. For the first year I was still doing alot of peels, which kept it red, but did nothing to improve my scars. This last year it has gotten better since I stopped acids, however they still get bad when I wash my face or exercise at all. Before I got pregnant I went to the derm and she said I had chronic inflammation and prescribed me elidel. It is meant for eczema but I don't have eczema. Anways it worked good after a month, took some redness out, but now that I'm pregnant I can't use it due to side effects to the baby. I have started using an herbal serum for rosacea, since I feel it could help the redness and flushing and I do have some dilated capillaries as well. When the skin goes back to normal color I may then do something more to treat the indentations, but for now I think it needs to heal totally first.

I did try the v-beam and did not have any results after one session.