Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntzinPantz

Just seen my derm

I've just had another frank chat with my dermatologist. I discussed lots of things including N Lite and Isolagen. He told me that he'd spoken to Dr Chu about N Lite and that he'd said its only useful for getting rid of acne, but does little to nothing for scarring. Isolagen is considered unproven, although he conceded that it could work in principal. In fact most of the treatment options we discussed he said aren't suitable for my scarring because of the firbotic nature of my deeply layered atrophic scars. He said to wait 6 months before passing judgement on the outcome of my second CO2 and I should be grateful it hasn't caused more scarring because of the risky nature of more than one treatment.

Finally, he asked me what I would do if I knew that I couldn't have much more improvement in my scars.

I told him I didn't think I could go on living.

:D

nlite works. the new nlite machines not sure on how muhc improvement and it depends on all the type scars

oviously if you have deep scars(define deep) nlite or non ablative lasers wont do much.

Did you ask him about combining Nlite with subcision?

Or does he not perform subcision?

AntzInPants-

Take some photos (extremely close up if you dont want to revel your identity) and we will tell you what you can do and/or at least try..

NEVER SAY NEVER I promise you there is hope :D

Antzinpantz,

I know how you feel.

Have you read the thread about excision punch posted by mel5058? I think scars only can be get rid of by surgery, Skin wiil be levelled and a linear scar left will fade . No indents! that must be the result we all want, not just a little improvements.

Have you ever considered about it ?

Going to the derm seems exciting because it's like you have a chance to change your life, hoping for some scar treatments.

When you here things like...wait six months, it's heartbreaking. Like going ANOTHER 6 months without treatments can seem ages. Hopefully your CO2 treatment ends up working longterm. There is hope, hang in there and figure out what treatment can be done on you aftter those 6 months. Who knows.....anything can happen.

Good Luck :D

Thanks guys, sometimes I haven't the strength to face a single day let alone get through 6 months. It just seems to get harder for me. I promised my derm that I would contact him before trying any other treatments, but I'm not sure I will. From everything I've read it seems like Isolagen is a brilliant healing booster following or pre-empting ablative procedures. They've been doing tests for years and the evidence is there. So if I get in done in a couple of months time then I'm sure by the end of 6 months my skin would be dramatically better. Worst case I would have just blown £2,500UK.

He did say he would do any areas of my scarring that I felt he had missed or didn't go over properly again free of charge, so I can't accuse him of being after my money. SIGH its such a minefield and in the meantime, every morning I still have to face the mirror.

I have taken some brand new shots with my blurry lo res digicam, but you can get the idea. I will post them in the gallery once Dan gets back to me as to why I can't log in.

If anyone is desperate I can priv mail my pics.

I know it's difficult Antz - I've been there too.

I definitely think that Isolagen is worth a try. I don't know that I'd wait 6 months to see if C02 works -- probably more like 3 months. I would think the final results should be apparent by then if you heal normally.

I guess some of us are at the point where even though scar treatments cost a lot of money, it's worth it to us for our emotional well-being. I mean, if I would have known that the cystic acne I got was going to permanently scar me I would have gotten on Accutane immediately.

In the meantime you know we are here and you are welcome to vent to us all you like.

I think people should stop hounding other people for pictures of their scarring. A lot of the time pictures can't tell the real story because lighting situations are never the same. You could take a picture of a scar in the worse possible light but how many people in your day to day lives are going to see that scar in the exact same light. People are entitled to their privacy so don't feel rushed about taking pics if you don't want to.