Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sharpeye

Multiple TCA crosses and hyperpigmentation time.

I have been doing tca cross 50% on a few areas for the last couple months, spacing them about 6 weeks apart. The smaller scared pores have done fantastic almost completely filling in after one session. However with my main scar I have only seen about 20 percent improvement after 2 sessions. Last Saturday I decided to re cross my main scar for the 3rd time. I didnt do any thing different, it turned white and did scab a little more but the hyperpigmentation is alot worse this time. Tonight the thin scab fell of and its still cherry red.

Is this to be expected ? Does Hyperpigmentation last longer the more you do a single area?

Thanks

man a bit of red, i had that shit everytime i had a pimple. If these scars are filling in amazingly.. you should be thrilled.. I know i would be..

I have been doing tca cross 50% on a few areas for the last couple months, spacing them about 6 weeks apart.  The smaller scared pores have done fantastic almost completely filling in after one session.  However with my main scar I have only seen about 20 percent improvement after 2 sessions.  Last Saturday I decided to re cross my main scar for the 3rd time.  I didnt do any thing different, it turned white and did scab a little more but the hyperpigmentation is alot worse this time.  Tonight the thin scab fell of and its still cherry red. 

Is this to be expected ? Does Hyperpigmentation last longer the more you do a single area?

Thanks

Sharpeye - You said you used TCA cross on small scared pores. That's what I have and am trying to get rid of. I am thinking about doing TCA on them but they are so small. When they fill in the skin usually the same color as the rest? How many times did you do each scared pore before they began filling in? As for the hyperpigmentation, I bought that dermarest cream at walgreens and it seems to help lighten any red markings you may have. It is working well so far.

I have been doing tca cross 50% on a few areas for the last couple months, spacing them about 6 weeks apart.  The smaller scared pores have done fantastic almost completely filling in after one session.  However with my main scar I have only seen about 20 percent improvement after 2 sessions.   Last Saturday I decided to re cross my main scar for the 3rd time.  I didnt do any thing different, it turned white and did scab a little more but the hyperpigmentation is alot worse this time.   Tonight the thin scab fell of and its still cherry red.  

Thanks

Sharpeye - You said you used TCA cross on small scared pores. That's what I have and am trying to get rid of. I am thinking about doing TCA on them but they are so small. When they fill in the skin usually the same color as the rest? How many times did you do each scared pore before they began filling in? As for the hyperpigmentation, I bought that dermarest cream at walgreens and it seems to help lighten any red markings you may have. It is working well so far.

Well i only had one scared pore and it looked like two pores had broken and connected to make a linear line. To do it I bought a pack of diamond toothpics and went for the toothpick with the sharpest point.

"When they fill in the skin usually the same color as the rest?" Mine is still a little red after a month, but after it goes it will probably be unnoticable.

By the way I checked my larger scar and it looks even more raised than it was before the 3rd treatment. I guess the more you damage your skin the more cologen you build up?

I will give the dermarest a try Thanks

Hi to all

its been 4 weeks now since i had the tca cross 50% and upto now the hyperpigmentations are still awful.

any tips to sort this out?