Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dodgers777

Please help My face is an oil producing machine!

Almost always the acne on my face becomes full of pus and the only way is for me to pop it. But when I pop it, there always is a small ball of hard oily substance that comes out. Is this normal?

Also, my face is excreting alot of oil even though I use acne medicine and wash my face 2 times a day. If i scrub with my fingernail across the face, oily substances pile up on my nails. Its like peeling butter off my face. My oil glands are in hyperdrive. It feels like my face produces a pound of oil a day. Is there any way to stop my glands from producing so much oil?

thx

Your face only produces oil when its over-dry... almost everyone has this backwards. They believe that they are just naturally oily, and they must wash and wash and wash... not true.

Your face produces oil naturally to keep your skin healthy. Unfortunately, this same natural oil causes problems...but it is simple to fix.

You _MUST_ be using a moisturizer... I repeat, everyone, acne or not, must use a moisturizer on their face. By putting a good moisturizer on (check Dan's recommended list - I prefer the Eucerin Renewal), you solve the dryness, and your skin will _NOT_ need to produce extra oil.

It is very simple. I too had super oily skin..my nose would look horrible at the end of the day... but using a moisturizer stops it cold...absolutely no oil buildup anywhere on my face. When using an acne medication, you absolutely must be using a moisturizer, as almot all acne medications cause extra dryness. You will _NEVER_ completely get rid of your acne until you use a moisturizer.

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize... and don't scrub with your fingernail!

the little hard part that comes out of the pimple is the clog in the pore ( dead skin and and sebum combined) and the runny part is the pus trying to heal the infection. the clog in the pore is where the bacteria is breeding so if it comes out then the pimple should heal nicely.

I definately agree with the use of moisturiser to deal with oilly skin.

near the end of every summer i get super oilly skin because of the amount of sun exposure i get. After the last summer i learnt of the importance of moisturising to regulate the oil. a month after starting to moisturise every day and night, my skin went back to normal.

Try and get a really light moisturiser. I use clearisil moisturiseing lotion.

For the first few weeks your skin will feel dirty having moisturiser on top of oilly skin but your skin will soon get used to it and go back to normal.

If your going through puberty then your skin may stay slightly oilly due to the increase in your bodys hormones but the moisturiser will definately help.

also, when the oil is too much, use blotting papers instead of washing your face an extra time...extra washing generally just leads to you having skin that is both dryer and oilier at the same time, and blotting papers do a really good job of getting rid of excess oil so your skin feels decent again.

using a moisturizer stops it cold

No, it does not.

i have always put on lotion after i wash my face....but now i will switch to a moisturizer. let see how it goes

thx for the help

hey dodgers777:

can i take some of your oil to fry my chicken wings? j/k :D

What a luck Roaccutane has worked 4 U ! It's a great new !

It didn't completely worked for me...