Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

they advise you not to drink while on tane because of the effects it has on your liver, not your acne. It won't make you break out, but it can be damaging to your liver. But one or two here and there is fine I think. If your blood work has been good also. And remember to drink a ton of water too. Be kind to your body, it will thank you.

I am not drinking until I am off the tane. And oh boy, I can't fucking wait!!!....lol

lol i just started... almost a month... but like i havnt got any blood test yet.. but all i drink is water i def have a lot of water per day a lot. so could i have like 1 or 2?

I say go for it. But if your first tests come back bad, don't blame me...lol and tell your doc what you did.........

Make sure to chase your drinks with water. Have fun.

Well, if your liver test came back bad, the doc would think it's the tane, and take it away. But if you told him that they are bad cause you drank, he might tell you not to again and continue the treatment.

But they will probably be fine. Lots of people have posted here and said they drink and all is well. Maybe you will be lucky like them. Personally, I am not even gonna dare........

Hmm, well I am also kind of wondering this. I don't drink often at all, maybe drank 2 times in my entire life seriously. I have had great test results but I am wondering if getting completely smashed about 1 week before my test will have any effect on it?

fuck that shit drink up son, at least if its not pussy shit like coolers or wine

Hehe, that's what I'm thinking. I am going to go on vacation and you all know how that goes. I am a very healthy young kid and I have bearly ever drank so I think I should be fine. I will just make sure I drink lots of water too. Also, I will not be drinking wine coolers or wine, I will be drinking hard liquor or beer.

I definitely agree with grim reefer and avi...while I admit I have scaled back my boozing since on this shit, I've probably drank more or less every weekend. I've been on this shit for 7 months and my blood work has consistently came back all good. I talked to derm and he told me just to make sure that I don't drink a week before the blood test because it fucks with your liver enzymes. Other than that...drink up young man! Tomorrow is my last day on Accutane and I'm gonna celebrated by getting f.u.b.a.r!

"Raise a toast to the sun, drink with the stars. Get thrown in the mix and tossed outta bars." - Kid Rock in "Cowboy."

i drink the same as i used to... once or twice a weak i'll go out and get pissed. My derm doesn't give blood tests tho so ah well.

I go to U of A, one of the biggest party schools in the nation. I get wasted 3-4 times a week i just started tane again to get rid of some small stuff, my derm is pretty tight with me so that's cool that he gave it to me with really mild acne. I took it frosh year and got retarded all the time also. As long as you drink water when you aren't drinking alcohol you'll be fine. We are all young, unless you are already an alcoholic our livers will fine. I forgot i had to take a blood test one morning and i swear i woke up still drunk, and i still "passed" my blood test. my cholesterol was 80 something. just exercise and drink water and occasionally when you are eating something that doesn't seem healthy check the label to check the cholesterol. also dont stress too much, seems like things only get worse when you stress. good luck yall

i love my liver - no alcohol ^^

yeah right, actually i can't even take 100ml of vodka without talking gibberish.

i'm considering starting accutane and am wondering whether I can still have occasional binges (i.e.: 11 cans of beer every third weekend) without ruining my bod??

I get paralytically plastered every weekend and my blood work has always been fine. But it is a question of how fit YOUR liver is-- this is up to you to figure out for yourself so take it easy drinking at first and see how it affects your blood work (namely the LFT component, i.e. liver function test). Then decide how much you want to push your own liver's luck from there.

My derm told me not to drink at all while on Accutane. If your blood test comes back negative and he stops Accutane you only have yourself to blame. I've been off alcohol for 5 months now only 3 weeks of Accutane left. It's up to you wheather you drink or not though but I would hate to get half way through Accutane and find out he's stopping it then you have to start all over again.

I'm on my 5th month of tane (I can stay on for a 6th if I want to, but it's nto necessary), and lately I've been drinkin almost every weekend. That's it though. One night per week. Bloodwork's fine.