Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

I remember reading a thread by lavina or glycolicondemand, posting her website where she sells TCA and glycolic acid. But I can't find it anymore. What happened to it?

Also, is there any news from the chemistry major guy who was testing the percentage of glycolicondemand's TCA?

Has anyone had any problems with her TCA?

Hello, all. I'm wondering for anyone who has experience with CROSS or who has read the study if it might work for a small hypertrophic scar. I have a small, red, firm hypertrophic scar. It's not that raised (mostly firm and bulbous, though small, under the skin), though it's raised enough that it makes the skin over it shiny from being stretched taught. I'm almost certain I will go for some sort of resurfacing this summer and am trying to "prep" my skin. I've thought about having it excized, but I'm just wodnering if people think that cross may work. I hear people saying that the immediate after-effect for atrophic scars is that it makes the pit appear deeper and wider, and then it slowly fills in after the scab falls off. It seems like the net effect is to build collagen (of which I have too much in this one particular scar), which would argue against this treatment. However, maybe it just re-programs your skin to level off with the surrounding skin, in which case it might work. Any thoughts or has anyone any experience with this? Also, does anyone have a copy of the study they might be willing to e-mail me??

Thanks so much

--leo

Hey guys.. I deciced to hold off on my Bio Aquamid in order to join the TCA party..

Just to make sure i got this info right. I dip A toothpick into the solution and dap into my scars until it frosts?..

Then apply neosporin a few times a day until scabs fall off..

Is this correct?

I also plan on doing a tca complex peel on my surrounding skin.. Hopefully it wont interfere with the Cross

Steve321: You absolutely MUST read the paper and also the whole thread regarding this method before attempting something so invasive. Some people have severely burnt themselves doing this.

As you only want to get the TCA inside your scar, it's best to whittle down your toothpick alot. "Round end" toothpicks widen out much too abruptly; flat end toothpicks are even cruder. I recommend using a set of nail clippers to create a very fine 1-cm prong at the end of your toothpick. It makes applying the TCA, even to small 'scarred pores,' a breeze. (Be careful not to puncture your skin though.)

I remember reading a thread by lavina or glycolicondemand, posting her website where she sells TCA and glycolic acid.  But I can't find it anymore.  What happened to it?

Well Guys i took the plunge and did the cross on my scars yesterday...

My scars are kind of brown color right now, is this normal?

I used the 50% TCA and almost immediately upon applying my skin frosted white.. I used a toothpick.. And something i noticed is, it seems almost impossible not to get the TCA on the surrounding skin atleast a little bit.. I put the toothpick directly on my scars, but the solution seems to work its way out toward surrounding skin.. Im not really worry bout this though..

I Noticed that my skin right now looks similar to what my skin looked like after i had an exoderm touchup.. When i had his touchup done my Dr actually scrapped off the brownish looking dead skin the next day and applied more exoderm solution..

My question is.. Do you think it would be bad to apply a second layer of TCA solution the following day? Specifically with the 50%TCA?

My question is.. Do you think it would be bad to apply a second layer of TCA solution the following day? Specifically with the 50%TCA?

After being a long time lurker, I finally registered! Thanks to all who have educated me about acne and scars. =D>

I've done my homework and read everything I could possibly read about CROSS and performed my first 100% four days ago. I applied the solution on 7 rather small icepick scars (very narrow or very shallow) and one large chicken pox scar on the top of my forehead. I was very careful about applying too much solution, to the point where I may not have applied too much. My skin did whiten and form a whitish shield. However, this layer is very thin, and not crusting like a scab. There was very little redness too the following day. I still don't have redness in any of the areas crossed. In addition, I went to the gym today and noticed that the three icepick scars on the side of my nose are starting to flake. I know I shouldn't have worked out, but I have to do cardio several times a week or I pork out. sad.gif None of my scars have ever scabbed in a dark color (yet).

I used a prescription antibiotic ointment right after the cross. The next day I used Spenco Second Skin (Hyaluronan - helps minimize scarring while promoting fast natural healing) on my scars. I know that someone had mentioned not using it, but I wanted the skin to heal faster, allowing for the scab to fall off earlier. Therefore, I tried it and am now wondering if using Spenco has resulted in not having a darker scar and earlier flaking. Or maybe this is just the first peeling of a lighter scab, which will be followed with something darker in a few days, or just a lighter application? I guess only time will tell... I am also having to apply sunscreen daily since I have to be outdoors every morning to take my kids to the busstop. I really don't like putting things on my face so soon after the cross, but sunscreen is a must right now since I am also on Tazorac. I am also going to continue using copper peptides once scabs are formed (want to wait so I don't get bluish colored scabs). I have been on cp for about 9 months now and so it has really helped plump up my skin. In addition, I have been doing glycolic acid peels (30-50%), microdermabrasion crystals, and TCA complexion peels.

Anyhow, the day after my cross, my scars looked larger as predicted. However, the last couple of days, most have puffed up and look much smaller. I am especially excited about my chicken pox scar... it is almost level! I can't wait to see the results of the cross... I am keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks everyone!

okay, i'm seriously considering trying TCA Cross with 50%. Just a couple of questions. My scars are very very small, like scarred pores. How can i get the TCA into the scar without getting it on the surrounding skin?? And i hear you are supposed to press down hard on the scar, but i don't see how i can do this when my scars are so small. i have 4 on one cheek and 2 on the other and 2 of them are literally smaller than the size of a pin head. they are not even noticeable to others but i hate them and will do anything to get rid of them. please please help me because this method may be exactly what i'm looking for. any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! oh, and how hard are you supposed to press down on the scar anyways???? :-k

Guest Scorpioness

Hey guys...

Okay, well this is day six of downtime from my third treatment of TCA CROSS. I used 50% TCA the first two times I did CROSS, and this time I used 100% TCA.

Another thing that I did differently is that I used 'ReVive' with EGF in it.... however I only used it a few times, because I was afraid it would slow down healing too much and it would take me three weeks to heal as it did Reilly (I had many more scars to treat than Reilly).

Well, I treated over a couple hundred small scars. As I have said before my very small scars are in clusters... so what happened with this CROSS is that the potency of the 100% TCA caused the acid to spread outside the pits... and create some big scabs rather than little dotted scabs or

'stuck down flakes of skin' type scabs I got with the 50% TCA.

Underneath the scabs are swollen and dark red... and the scabs themselves are much thicker than I expected. This is disheartening because it seems as if I am going to be stuck with a lot more downtime than I expected. I dread the thought of going to the store or gas station like this. I piled on thick makeup today and I look absolutely hideous... I never looked this bad when using 50% TCA.

I have stopped application of EGF and am using NA-PCA with Aloe Vera, Amino Plex, Kinerase and neosporin.

Please send positive thoughts for my healing.

This is hard for me being couped up and not having any idea how long it is going to take for me to get through this.

I should have my Creme De La Mer this weekend if all goes according to plan, so hopefully that will help bring things back to normal with my skin to some extent.

Guest Scorpioness
Sending positive thoughts to you Scorpion_Vixen! Hang in there, we are rooting for you. biggrin.gif

This really does look like the most promising scar treatment out there. It seems that it can completely get rid of acne scars in many cases! We should try and get a list of doctors/surgeons/derms/whatever people all over the world that perform this.

This sounds so promising and i'm praying I can get this done one day. I'm in Sydney, Australia.

I feel for ya Scorpion--downtime sucks!

From my last experience, the doc applied 35% TCA 3 times to several scars which equalled 100%. On a couple of scars the area around the scars frosted up and was still frosted for days! Then came the huge scabs that lasted 10 - 12 days. I looked horrible on day 6 and had a meeting at work I had to go to. I was so embarrassed--I couldn't look anyone in the eye.

Sending positive healing energy towards you. I'm sure you'll look better in a couple of days. At least the weekend is here!

By the way, what does the Creme De La Mer do? Does it have special ingredients in it?

Some of you might remember my experience with TCA Cross therapy.

I have had two treatments ( 100% TCA) at a doctors office in San Francisco. I had it done to three medium sized rolling, or boxcar type scars on my left cheek. The scars were not that noticable head on, but in shadows or certain lighting looked pretty caved in.

Anyway, it has been at least 6 or 7 months since my first treartment. I had the second treatment around 3 months ago. I plan on a third and final treatment shortly.

I have had a 80% to 90% reduction in the scars. In fact even in the worst lighting or shadow they look so much better I still can't believe it. And I had every procedure known to man in the past done to the scars with very minimal results.

The redness is still there to a degree, but fading more and more with each passing day. It is a long haul regarding the redness, but it does fade. I found that the Intense Gel sold at the puredeming web site has helped significantly reduce the redness. Also I am using puredemings Alpha Hydroxy mini peel every 6 to 7 days. That has helped to diminish the redness also.

I recommend to people who have a lot of scarring that they only treat a few of the bigger scars at one time. The downtime itself is not that bad. But the redness after the scabs fall off can be intense for months. So unless you want to be walking around looking like you have the measles you probably only want to treat a few of the bigger scars at any given time.

I also recommend that you have the procedure done at a doctors office if possible. The TCA can be dangerous if applied incorrectly. There is the possibilty also that it can accidently get onto good skin and damage it. My doctor only charged $275 per treatment. and no one should really need more than 4 to 6 treatments to resolve their scarring significantly.

If you e-mail me at [email protected] ( and only there) I can direct you to where you can obtain the TCA Cross Document spoken about in these posts.

Good luck,

James

hi healty,

is the redness comparable to what you get from acne?

Also the tca document says press hard into the scar, how hard is that, hard enough so that u feel mild pain?

Some of you might remember my experience with TCA Cross therapy.

I have had two treatments ( 100% TCA) at a doctors office in San Francisco. I had it done to three medium sized rolling, or boxcar type scars on my left cheek.  The scars were not that noticable head on, but in shadows or certain lighting looked pretty caved in.