Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anybody on this site know how to reduce the amount of oil our skin produces. I have oily skin and im very certain the reason i have acne is beacuse of my oily skin.

Does anybody on this site know how to reduce the amount of oil our skin produces. I have oily skin and im very certain the reason i have acne is beacuse of my oily skin.

this is what I use for oil control: make your product & check out web site

Recipe for Homemade Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil (holy grail product for controlling sebum production for those with super-oily skin):

I'm not sure how Ylang Ylang works, but my friend and I have similar skin conditions, and she started using the Decleor Ylang Ylang results and has been clear for the last couple of weeks. Granted, she also had a facial with extractions, but...we'll see.

I'm trying the Decleor system now in addition to placing Tea Tree oil on problem areas to dry up existing pimples. Hopefully that works. I'll update my regimen when / if it works.

liver cleansing helps with oiliness, especially if it's the t-zone that's oily.

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=37

but i wouldn't say that the reason you have acne is because of your oily skin...

Guest MarifreakinA
this is what I use for oil control: make your product & check out web site

Recipe for Homemade Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil (holy grail product for controlling sebum production for those with super-oily skin):

Good god! How do people come up with all these home remedies for medical conditions, anyway??

So exactly HOW is this "ylang ylang" oil supposed to work to reduce sebum?? :D

Bryan

When you wash your face you are drying it out, unless you are using CeraVe which is like a lotion.

When your face feels that it is too dried out it creates oil from the glands, like your sweat glands would produce if you were working out. Decleor Ylang Ylang oil is a natural oil to put on your face after washing it, so your face is taking in the natural oils and doesn't distribute an excessive amount of sebum all over the face. This product is exquisite for oily skin, I only have a sample of it but I'm sure I'm actually going to buy it.