Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
garg

How to remove oil from face if washing is not possible

I work a long shift and by the middle of the day my face is covered with icky oil.

If I take a paper towel and wipe it off then I think I'm risking clogging the pores. I really don't have a place to wash it clean with a cleansing bar or something.

What should I do?

I bought Stridex cleansing pads but they have salisylic Acid in them. Are there any oil removing cleansing pads that are non-comedogenic and don't contain harsh chemicals? I really hate the oil that creates film on my face.

any suggestions?

i swore they made oil wipes but i checked on drugstore.com and couldn't find them. I SWEAR THEY HAVE THEM. anyway....why couldn't you use a daily facial cloth or something. or just stick with the stridex...or does it bother your skin??

yeah. I saw an ad for oil wipes too.. but I'm having troubling finding them too.. Stridex bothered the skin and made everything very red. If I find the wipes I'll post them here. If anyone finds out then please post. thanks :D

-edit-

Heres one but it contains alcohol:

Biore

Facial Cleansing Cloths noncomodegenic (sp?)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

another one:

this doesn't say that its noncomodegenic

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...=BUY-PLST-0-CAT

-edit-

I shoud have put this in over the counter medication or something.. sorry :D

I am going to buy Mary Kay Oil Blotters. Those are larger, there are more, and only 5 bucks :D But I have to ask mom first... ](*,)

if you want something similar to using stridex-type pads, maybe buy a gentle astringent (like plain witch hazel), pour a little on a cotton round and wipe skin with that. blotting papers help. Some people use a layer of milk of magnesia as a mattifier. It works really well, but I don't know if it can potentially aggravate acne. If your skin is oily because you work somewhere that is oily/dirty, than you should wash your face before you go to bed. Some cleansers, like Cetaphil, don't need to be washed off-You rub on and wipe off with cloth (keenex, paper towel, etc) - they might be possible at work.

You can buy a ton of oil absorbing large sheets for cheap at any beauty supply store. I use Supia and they are around $3.50. They are probably cheaper elsewhere since I'm in new york.

I used to wash my face every time I felt it oily, I'LL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! Irritating and causes more oilyness than ever

follow the regimen

i use a simple facial wipe.

It's just baby wipes but its for the face.

just GENTLY wipe the face. The Bp won't come off if you wipe gently.