Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eminem3ncore

whats the longest youve been depressed?

whats the longest youve been depressed?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. whats the longest youve been depressed?

• 1 wk or less
    • 1 month or less
    • 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 months
    • 5 months
    • 6 months to a year
    • 1 year
    • 2 years or over

i recently got out of a depression that lasted 8 months but i still refuse to interact with my friends until im at least 90 percent clear.

oh yeah, if ur in a deep depression, please ask ur doctor for wellbutrin

itll get u out of ur depression, thus making ur acne lessen b/c stress is a cause of acne.

It worked for me! I haven't gotten any new bumps in 2 wks! a record 4 me!

I have never been diagnosis-ably depressed.

My own negative reactions to stress and hard situations are to lash out - hard - and have led me from needles to homelessness.

But not 'depression' in the curling up inside of yourself sense. I've never been able to do that. In fact, the solution for my hard times was learning how to get BACK inside of myself, instead of out.

I may be an anonomly, though.

Guest Avian

You sound like an exception, Elsewhere. wink.gif

I've been depressed on and off for about 3 years now. I went through phases of depression, each worse than the last. But now I feel that I'm finally coming out of being depresed altogether. With the help of certain people, I've learnt to be positive. Another important thing is that depression is often a reaction to things that happen - you can control your reaction and react differently.

And look to the future. It'll be different from now. Peace will come sooner or later.

Guest Marino

I wouldn't say clincially depressed but I have been anti-socail/emotionally conceded since November 2003.

I've been getting acne on and off since I was 11, i'm now 18 and have had acne return 4-5 times [i responded well to anti-biotics but in 2003 my body became resistant to it so i had to try Isotrex in 2004].

whenever I have no acne its the best time of life, i have everything from girlfirends to high self esteem. When i have acne i become anti-social and emotionally drained. Usually I have acne from anywhere between 3-6 months then followed by a clear period of 6-12 months. My latest acne period has been going on since 2003 which is by far the longest so far [1 and a half years and counting].

I can controll my acne with Isotrex but I have to many red marks that ruin my skin. Chemical peels and micro work on it well but the process takes too long [i have to take 3 months off my medication while i do the 6 scar treatments 1 week apart not to mention the 4 weeks before and after i have to wait before having going on Isotrex medication] and just before my last treatment my acne returns [meaning i have to start all over again].

Once my skin clears up again at the end of July i'm going to have a cooling down period for 2 weeks [as apose to 4] off my medication and have 2 TCA peels [3 weeks apart] so I can get back on my medication by the second month so the acne wont return.

If everyting goes to plan I will anti-social/emotioanlly wierd from November 2003- September 2005. WOW, thats way too long. I gues itll all be worth it. I can just remeber the last time I had no acne, it was sooo long ago. Its a shame really.

Once my skin clears up again at the end of July i'm going to have a cooling down period for 2 weeks [as apose to 4] off my medication and have 2 TCA peels [3 weeks apart] so I can get back on my medication by the second month so the acne wont return. 

Guest Marino

Is it a peel or a topical you put on for a few hours?

no, its really a lotion that u rub on ur face and leave on for the day

u just put spf moisterizer on 10 minutes after putting it on

youll see results in a few days and a major difference in a month

seriously

Guest Zitro

I was never diagnosed with depression, but Im sure I was on and off for a couple of years, and I hada little this march too.

Guest WhyGOD111

I voted one year but its going to be 2 soon. This is my first year To be REALLY depressed because of acne.

I'd say starting around 15 or 16 until 20, when I finally saw a doctor (almost 23 now). I wish I hadn't waited so long. My first three years of college would've been a lot better. Fortunately acne has played very little part in it for the last 3 or 4 years smile.gif

It honestly hasn't kept me from dating or relationships. Girls tend to not openly express much interest in anything besides my personality, but guys do. So I figure I can't be too bad. But I'm not interested in dating these days so I don't care either way. I think acne has always affected my general social, self-esteem more than dating or close friendships specifically.

I voted about a month.

I've been told countless times by friends that my problems dont matter, my life is fine etc (they never refer directly to my acne, i think im probably glad about that) but i often get depressed as i havent had a relationship with a girl since my last one ended (about August 2004) and I can't approach anyone now because i seem to have this fixed mentality that no-one would like to go near me or be attracted to me by my looks, so my confidence is screwed. I feel personally i would be happier if i did have a girlfriend, because i could see that someone really cares for me despite my acne, but that doesnt seem to be the case. My friends are great, but in my group of 8 people (3 girls and 5 guys) the 3 girls are going out with 3 of the guys, so theres only me and one other guy single, which makes going out with everyone awkward as i see 3 couple every single day, which just makes me more depressed. All the girls around here seem to be obsessed with looks, not personality.

Ah well.

I have been depressed since i got acne,12 years old(i have almost 18 now).I almost never cry,but i always have a feeling of emptyness...