Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really like Dan's regimen, but the only thing I would change (once your skin gets accustomed to the BP), is adding microdermabrasion, or exfoliation.

Does anyone else use some type of mechanical exfoliation (scrubs, microdermabrasion, Buf-Puf or even good old fashioned washcloth) to exfoliate your skin?

Exfoliation has really made a major improvement in my skin. Right now I'm using Avon microdermabrasion scrub and can't believe the difference in the tone and texture of my skin. Plus it feels great and is good for the circulation of your skin.

I would only suggest exfoliation after your skin is totally used to BP. Also, I would not use a moisturizer with hydroxy acid. If you exfoliate your skin doesn't need the hydroxy acid, whch is just an additonal exfoliator. A good moisturizer without any hydroxy acids is enough

I use a washcloth (a soft one) when I wash my face. Occasionally, i use a scrub (Got2b "pore me") and I bought the Neutrogena home microdermabrasion kit. Personally, the washcloth works SO AMAZINGLY with Olay Beauty bar Norma Skin (white bar). The Neturogena microdermabrasion is fancy, but it isn't necessary. The scrub by Got2b is good; I like it.

I exfoliate every day, and the tone and clairity of my skin is drastically changing, along with my pores which are a lot smaller!!! It's starting to look like skin that never had acne before.

Also, it's helped so much with pimples....I went from having 30+ to less than 5.

It aggrivates me how scrubs get critisized so terribly, but if it wasn't for them, I still have a face full of zits.

I use 2 different scrubs, a face cloth, and a facial brush on a regular basis.

Yeah, I also use a microdermabrasion system from Mary Kay. I love it! I use it about 1-2 times a week, and my skin looks and feels great afterward. My sister is a Mary Kay consultant and she turned me on to this stuff.

Anne

SCRUBS ROCK!

I fight for the scrubs, it definately helps exfoliate dead skin cells and my face feels a lot smoother and my face has improved. GENTLY THOUGH! THATS THE KEY TO SUCCESS

i totally agree- exfoliators make your skin look/feel soooo good- ive been on dans regime for 2 weeks and in the last few days began using st ives blemish control apricot scrub- it really does make your skin look better