Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nataliep

I have performed TCA on almost 10 people

First, I'm not a professional but just a curious person who has scars myself and like to make other people's skins better. I have performed TCA crosses and regular TCA peels on different people using different strengths here are some interesting things that I have learned.

TCA Peel

1. If you apply two layers the results are always better than one.

2. If the skin does shred, then this is a good sign that the dark spots, blemishes, redness, etc will lighten considerably. If it doesn't there may be little or no improvements.

3. Higher strengths can burn your skin, the best percentage for me and my "patients" is around 25%.

4. Since the TCA is pretty mild at 25% do not be shy to go agressive on the skin as this will guarantee the shredding of the skin (for the entire face around three dips into the TCA should do)

5. Be careful around the eyes.

6. During the first 2 weeks or less the face will be darker after that the shredding then follow with clearer white skin. If the shredding doesn't happen there could be little improvement.

TCA Cross

1. Higher percentage is good- the strongest I have tried is 80%. If it doesn't frost there might be 0 to 15 percent improvement.

2. If it's a box car scar, be careful not to put too much because the discoloration could take a long time to heal. Generally one application should be enough to creat the frosting effect.

3. Generally the effects are pretty much random- ranging from no improvement to great improvement.

Please add your own findings.

nataliep, thanks so much for posting this info. im thinking about doing TCA so these results are interesting. i was wondering after a 25% TCA peel what exactly does your face look like and how long? is it all crusted over? im just wondering bc ill have to take off work.

thanks

kapone

4.  Since the TCA is pretty mild at 25% do not be shy to go agressive on the skin as this will guarantee the shredding of the skin (for the entire face around three dips into the TCA should do)

it means the higher percentages for peel is not good but you don't have to be shy to apply all over your face.

The down time for 25% is not bad at all, in the first week or so your face is more tan, after about two weeks there is some shredding of the skin which is not noticable if not look closely. You can always tell your friends that your face is too dry. Overall the down time for this percentage is not bad at all!

it means the higher percentages for peel is not good but you don't have to be shy to apply all over your face. 

The down time for 25% is not bad at all, in the first week or so your face is more tan, after about two weeks there is some shredding of the skin which is not noticable if not look closely.  You can always tell your friends that your face is too dry.  Overall the down time for this percentage is not bad at all!

The answer is YES! I have tried the TCA complex from perfectcomplexion and I did two layers. But it never peel at all. Not even darkening of the skin... wacko.gif Only some redness though... Can anyone tell me why?

Just wanna make something clear. I have access to tricloroacetic acid (TCA) in my lab and would like to know if it is the same TCA you guys use.

I am new to this forum.  I have been browsing for a couple of weeks and decided to put my two cents in there!

I went to a dermatologist to get a TCA peel.  I'm not sure what the strength was...

First of all, my face went numb after she applied the peel.  Boy did that hurt!  The next day, my face was RED.  Like a REALLY bad sunburn.  Then, my face went black!  Seriously..  I'm self-conscious so I was embarrased to go to work like this!

I peeled alot.  Do people not peel when they get a TCA peel?  I just couldn't imagine that!

I liked the results of the TCA peel.  But, my favorite is a microderm w/ a beta peel.  This works the best for me!

Are people's experiences the same with at home TCA peels as mine?  I'm wondering if it would be better to go to a derm to have this done...

Can I apply the TCA peel to just the part of my face with the scars, or do I have to apply it to the whole face so it doesn't seem uneven afterwards? Also, how does TCA work with ice pick scars?

you can apply at one spot. with ice picks you must do TCA Cross which is using a clean toothpick dip the tip into a strong TCA from 40-100% (100%) could be too strong. I use around 70-80% . Then press into your ice pick hard (but not too hard) once. If it frosts then you will be okay.

Kamstan,

My face went really 'tan'. Almost black. Several people at work approached me and asked me what happened!

I'm scared to try an at home tca peel. I've read alot of post saying they work. But.... I know their soo expensive at a derms office, but I really like the security. (I also like the dermaplaning she does beforehand!)

My esthetican recommended a pigment plus peel (TCA and beta combo). Has anyone tried or heard of this?

Thanks!