Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh my god, im doing my own head in! Usually i would say that i never notice other people skin and to be honest b4 i was a sufferer i never used to notice that much if someone had bad spots or not but...now oh my god its ridiculous, i look at everyones skin and if they have perfect skin ahhhhhhhhh i just hate them and want them to have at least one spot! I know its so horrible and deep down i wouldnt wish acne on anyone not even my worse enemy but im getting so fed up of scrutinising everyones faces, how do i stop myself from doing this???? Its really not doing me any good!!

Guest Avian

As long as acne is an issue for you, you'll continue analysing other people's faces. The same goes for any insecurity anyone else has - fat, this, big nose, big ears, etc.

It's only a problem if it hinders social contact or makes you appear judgmental to others. Once acne is over you'll return to normal without even noticing.

Guest Amy Lee

It's because we have acne that's why we observe other people's skins, but once we're clear, we'll stop scrutinizing and as Avian says, return back to normal without even noticing.

I've wierded out a few people by staring at them. Usually I'm analyzing their pores, oiliness, scars, redmarks, acne. I get some strange looks when I just stare at people's faces for a while without looking them in their eyes lol.

I DO THAT TOO!!! I look at everyone's skin!!!! And i am always AMAZED AT HOW CLEAR THEY ARE!!! It's just so amazinggggg!!! Some have no pores, no blemishes at all... it's amazing.

i, on the other hand, have at least 20 red marks on each cheek. sad.gif

Everyone in my office has perfectly clear skin and most of us are around the same age. It is soooo frustrating to see these people with perfectly clear skin and I am still suffereing from acne at 27. I will be the first to admin; I am jealous as hell of people with clear skin.

I've wierded out a few people by staring at them.  Usually I'm analyzing their pores, oiliness, scars, redmarks, acne.  I get some strange looks when I just stare at people's faces for a while without looking them in their eyes lol.

I do that too

one other thing, other people's skin always looks ok though I do know that actually their acne is worse. But I look at my own skin, I know that my acne is mild (but it was once pretty bad) but I feel like my skin is still horrible.

I guess I have acne dismorphia.

How to get out of this