Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeB04

Coloring after TCA

I did 50% TCA Cross a week or two before Easter, and the coloring still hasn't fully came back... Could I get my coloring back in those areas by tanning?

noooooooooooooooooo....stay out of the sun and tanning beds....u would be defeating the problem if u begin to tan and end up with worse skin not to mention wrinkles especially when new skin is trying to form.....make-up is your best bet!

Ok, but will the color fully come back over time? How long usually? Thank you.

noooooooooooooooooo....stay out of the sun and tanning beds....u would be defeating the problem if u begin to tan and end up with worse skin not to mention wrinkles especially when new skin is trying to form.....make-up is your best bet!

It really depends on how agressive u were, how large the scar was and how fast your body heals....eventually, those marks will fade but u need to have some patience. cool.gif

They really arn't that bad... atleast they arn't albino looking... They still have some tone to them just not as dark as the rest of my face. I have been really patient for the first 2.5 to 3 months... I just figured the color would be back by now... Guess I need more time smile.gif Thank you.

It really depends on how agressive u were, how large the scar was and how fast your body heals....eventually, those marks will fade but u need to have some patience.  cool.gif

I've had a whiter spot for 8 months now, it's not too noticeable. Some people say it'll come back sporatically, parts of it have grown in tho. Mine actually gets better with the sun. People who have that disease which turn skins white, they use uva therapy to regain color in the hypopigmented areas.

I've noticed that too .. Some of the spots have filled in already, but Some are still taking there time tongue.gif Yeah I thought Tanning would be ok since it's been 3 months..

After TCA Cross, my treated areas stay red for a while rather than turning white. I guess everyone's skin reacts different, which brings me to my second point.-------- I used the tanning bed for a continuous period of about six months this past fall and winter. I noticed that when I got a pimple, it almost always left an icepick/boxcar/indent. I wasn't scarring from small blemishes this way until I started tanning regularly. My theory is that the tanning beds weakened my collagen, making it easier for my skin to be damaged by even a small blemish. Plus, little wrinkles under my eye area and between my forehaed showed up almost overnight. I quit tanning but I am am left with scarring that is a lot worse than it was before I started to tan. This is just my experience and I wanted to warn people. On the other hand, one of my best friends says that tanning is the only thing that helps her acne go away and hide her her scars. I hope that what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else.