Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lesarin26

day 9, im depressed

well im on day 9, and almost punched the fuckin wall. is it normal to break out? my cheeks are very red and dry. a few pimples on them, the worse is my forehead. It produces tons of oil and is my main problem. Im starting to get 2 new pimples a day, plus i notice a few larger bumps under the skin.

is this normal or an allergic reaction?

i feel like a total fuckin loser, im 26 and still dealing with this shit.

considering the last 3 years i have had my light on low in my bathroom, and haven;t really looked close at my face.

give it 3 months atleast before judging it imo. dont worry. how bad is ur acne ? moderate or mild?

follow the regimen CAREFULLY. it should work. im on my 8th day as well heh. going good.

good luck with urs

] x [

i would say forehead is moderate, rest is mild. honestly i haven;t looked at my face closely, or for a long period of time in a few years. but damn i have some serious scaring and red marks on both temples, yikes.

Does that mean im abnomal coz i look at my face every morning and night under the brightest lamp ever and a magnifying mirror!

Im 20 and on day 5 and i havent yet had an initial break out but the spots that were already there the main swelling has gone but there are still little bumps under my skin,

i hope it works for both of us! eusa_pray.gif

Have patience! I know, easier said than done. I am past the 3 month mark now, and it just keeps improving. Hang in there, don't miss any steps, and be gentle. I know what it's like being an adult and still dealing with acne. I'm 35, and have had to treat my skin since age 13 or 14, it stinks, but life can and does move on, just do your best to treat it, don't let it get the best of you. But the key here is you have to be consistent, all the time. Keep doing the regimen, and if looking in the mirror is depressing for you, don't look unless you have to. Give the regimen at least 6 weeks, preferably longer, to see optimal results.

Good luck.

Sux for us old people who are still breaking out smile.gif

Are you on the regimen? If so, yeah, give it a few months for it to work completely. As I state on http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html week 2 is often bad for people for some unknown reason. So hang in there, make doubly sure you're on the regimen precisely, recommended products, staying gentle, upping the amount of bp, etc. Then give the regimen 3 months without anything added in and without anything taken away and you should see great results.

thanks for the reply Dan. I have 2 questions. first is do you think continuing the regimen is a good idea? the reason i ask is because of my job. I deliver furniture for a living. So im in and out of the truck 15 times a day. Meaning im constantly sweating and cooling off.

Im under the impression the best thing to do is to let the sweat air dry? i think wipping or dabbing it 15 times a day is too much irritation. it feels like total shit with the moisturizer and sweat, i feel real icky.

2. Is starting with too much BP a bad thing? i think i went off the deep end on day 5 after i broke out bad. My cheeks are very red, and im guessing that has produced alot of dead skin, and in return pimples.

lesarin,

On top of a terrible break out I had before starting the regimine (and using proactiv at the time) I broke out about a week ago again - although not as bad, while on the regimine for about 10-12 days. However, now I guess it has been a little under three weeks and I am noticing drastic improvement. My face still has red marks, but even a couple cysts that were apart of the original breakout are going away - and I dont usually get cysts. Keep at it. I was ready to say screw it and hung in a little longer and am very happy with the results I am getting now.

Good luck!

Lindsey

When you first get started on BP, the strength of it will most likely irritate your acne at first, that is why Dan recommends that everyone starts with only a little bit of BP (About quarter to half a finger's worth.) However, when your skin does adjust to the BP, it works wonders, whatever results you are getting now, once you adjust to the BP meaning no dryness, no irritate, no nothing, it will work wonders and you can use more to ensure no new breakouts will come.

Hang in there.

im on day 13. face seems to be less red and irritated. Im at full amount of BP now.

just got a large nasty pimple on my cheek. still getting small pimples.

i guess the only thing that i feel good about now, is the fact that i can use tons of BP and it doesn't burn or hurt.

i pray i can get clear before it gets hot here. Since once it does i will be sweating like a freak while working.

For your more prone areas, make sure to add another layer of BP for extra fighting power, you can add it after your first application absorbs or after your done the entire regimen and apply it over your moisturizer, this works best before bed and ensures that any bacteria deep down will get killed. Also make sure to add extra BP to the active pimples as it will take care of business.

yeah, thank you for all your advice. Im actually feeling alot better since my face isnt tight and buring. I love smearing all this BP on my face now. biggrin.gif

i have watched the videos probably 10 times now. lol. i'am very gentle. like i have said in the past, this summer is going to be the key. Since i work outside and sweat like a fricken pig, hopefully it wont wash all the BP away.

tomorrow im going to start with the eurocin moisturizer dan recommends. hopefully i wont be so chalky looking with that moisturizer.

les

p.acnes eusa_naughty.gif

Hey Les,

This is actually a really interesting case study. I don't know what will happen if you sweat 10 times a day. Whereas sweating should not affect acne, the dabbing of your face 10 times a day is constant irritation. With what do you dab? Perhaps you could carry a clean towel with you--jez, what a pain tho--and dab with that gently?

Please keep us posted.

Dan