Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. i am new to the boards, so i will just start. i am 35 and was diagnosed with rosacea last year. i have been on dynacin since about oct./nov., differin,clindamyacin, and my dr. just prescribed 50mg spiro. my acne is mild to moderate, but i have something new on my face every day and back issues. what can i expect, if anything, from spiro? thanks for any help or info.

I have never been on it, but Spiro is an anti-androgen and diuretic. You will be going to the bathroom a ton! Yasmin is a birth control with anti-androgen in it, which I think is better then Spiro b/c you are not inconvenienced by rushing to the bathroom every half hour smile.gif

Hi.  i am new to the boards, so i will just start. i am 35 and was diagnosed with rosacea last year. i have been on dynacin since about oct./nov., differin,clindamyacin, and my dr. just prescribed 50mg spiro.  my acne is mild to moderate, but i have something new on my face every day and back issues.  what can i expect, if anything, from spiro?  thanks for any help or info.

Hi there!

I HIGHLY recommend spiro. I've been on it for the last six or seven weeks. You should check out some of the other spiro threads to get additional info. My one piece advice would be...stay on the dynacin for the first couple of months of spiro. I went off the dynacin (mino) before I started spiro & got a bad intial breakout. I got back on the dynacin and now I'm good. Eventually I will come off the mino/dynacin for good...but until my body & skin gets used to spiro, I'll stay on it. DEFINITELY do some more research on these boards about spiro & definitely talk to your derm about it!! Good luck & keep us posted!

L

thanks for the input. i have my fingers crossed that this stuff will help my skin!

I just started last week, seems to be workin' smile.gif I am however worried about long term. When I went off diane 35 my skin got so F'd up so I have all these scars on my body and face:( I really wish I didnt have to worry about this crap. Now when I decide to have children I'm going to have to go off these pills and be Spotty McSpotterson again...

i'm on 25 mg of spiro a day and i haven't experience the frequent bathroom trips at all, but when i was on Yasmin (which has a component like spiro in it) i was peeing all the time. i'll be getting off the spiro when i start amnesteen. do you guys know if its ok to take both?

hi i just been prescribed 100mg a day of spiro but i have to take it just for seven days before my period then stop then take it again seven days before my next period and so on.... as anyone else taken spiro like this before ??