Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Body Language

When does puberty stop, maybe acne will stop then

I started getting acne in my late 14teens and early 15teens, it hasn't really never been that bad, of course, i've had my few ups and my maaaany downs, but i was wondering, when does the body stop puberty??, i mean, all those hormone changes that you get in your teenage years, im 19 now, almost 20, i know that im way past the fist phases of puberty, but ive heard that the body acually stops like at 20 or 21, i mean, i know it varies from person to person and that there is adult acne, but i just hope that mine goes away once my body gets past this phase.

i wish that thats my case, cuz ive seen people that have acne during their teenage years and after a certain age they stop having it....

so that's my question, when is it supposed to end, i mean, like an average age

(im just wishing that my acne will go away with it)

For some people (like my lucky as hell fiance!), it DOES dissapear - entirely - once puberty has been settled.

For some slightly less lucky people like me, it LESSENS, but does not go away completely.

And for many others, it does not even let up one bit after puberty. It's all a very personal thing.

I'm hoping this happens for me as well. I'm 16 so hopefully it will subside by college.

meh, i didn't have any acne until i was 18. clear as anything during all my teen years.. then BAM...cystic acne hit...still going on..i'm 21 and on my 2nd month of accutane. wish i'd taken it earlier, coz the scars that i got from my previous breakouts...depress the hell out of me. sad.gifsad.gif

I had never had acne until I turned 20. Now I'm 24 and about to start accutane, so you never now what acne is going to do evil.gif

there is no rule!

Ive had acne since i was 14 and a half im 18 now... 18 has been the worst year but it seems in hte last 3 weeks its getting a little better hopefully it keeps up

I've acne since I was 12, and 24 years later, I still have it. It was never good, but it worsened in my early 20s. I knew when I was around 23 that I would have it forever. I hate to say that I was right. I hope this doesn't happen to you guys. For some strange reason, I never thought it would go away. It's spread too over the years, in my mid twenties, it spread to my jawline line and somewhat further down my neck over the past few years. I have no idea why. It doesn't matter what I do or don't do, how much bp I put on my jawline, it's my hardest area to manage. The only area that improved upon the end of puberty was my chest and back; it's very mild there, and I don't apply any products there. What a huge nuissance to have suffered with this disease for so long. cry.gif

i didn't start getting acne until i was 19. i'm almost 23 now, it's getting better but still not competely gone yet.

Guest rgnc852

Puberty stops they say around the 20-25 age bracket, though I highly doubt acne will go away by then, imo. I know people who are already over 30's and still get acne. sad.gif