Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hockey guy

Accutane for mild acne?...

I'm not sure if this question has ever been asked on this forum, but I'm new...

I have mild acne, but very persistant. I'm pretty desperate and looking for something that will prevent acne from even developing. I've been using tazorac for about 4 months and the stuff does treat acne well, but like I said I'm looking for a more preventative approach

I was just wondering if there was even a remote chance a dermatologist would prescribe accutane if your skin isn't completely broken out and potentially scarring.

Even though I have few breakouts, it tends to somewhat depress me...which is why I'd be willing to risk the side effects of accutane for clear skin

Hi hockey guy,

I'm basically in the exact same circumstance as you, on-going mild acne that really upsets my wellbeing most days.

I wonder if practitioners would be more willing to prescribe if the acne really upsets the patient? I hope so.

Good luck.

I've heard of many a derm, or even family doctor, prescribe Tane for mild acne. It depends on the derm. There's only one way to find out what yours will say.

I have mild-moderate acne and my derm gave it to me because I had been trying everything else and nothing worked. If all other products don't make a difference, they will give it to you even with mild acne. Also in many cases a derm will view it as a patient's choice of whether they go on accutane or not, unless its clearly not necessary.

I have pretty mild/moderate acne and my derm was enthusiastic to get me on the tane when I asked. Just depends on the doctor.

I know someone who has no acne, just the occasional blackheads and she's on a very low dose of Accutane. Derms will do it.

I'm not sure, cause mine isnt mild, my derm said my acne was still moderately active on my visit last week, I've been on 'tane for around 4 weeks. its probably worth a shot though.

I went to a different doctor yesterday and she said she considered my acne to be mild to moderate and that if the differin that she prescribed hadn't resulted in a marked improvement in a months time she would give a referral to a derm with a recommendation for roaccutane because I said that acne makes me a bit depressed.