Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now I'm on 100mg Accutane, the dandruff has really begun to bother me.

It looks as though my face got snowed on. The whiteness somewhat subsides after 2 - 3 hours, however the flakes or the whites never really go away; it just sits on the face, dry, and when water is applied to it, it regains its whiteness.

ANd I popped a huge pimple, not a cyst, tonight. I hadn't popped a pimple in like 2 or 3 months because of my skin being so sensitive. What I noticed is that when I put my fingers to the face to pop it, I accidently touched the surrounding area, which is whitey, and the white stuff came off clean with little scraping. HOWEVER, it's red now!!! THe whole thing is red from the pressure!! I swear the skin is so sensitive while on Tane.

So the solution to this Facial Dandruff must be exfoliating. But y'all and I well know that exfoliating is a 'no-no' while on tane. So I can't exfoliate??? What should I do? Call my derm? I think this white stuff is just dead skin cells sitting on my face. I want to exfoliate!!! ... ah frustrating. If I do, I'll end up with a tomato face for sure, and - who knows? - I will worsen the red marks.

What a dillema.

Any topicals that help with shedding dead skin cells without irritating?

I would wash with a gentle soap and a terry cloth face cloth. Rub very gently in small circles.

Hi im on 60mg day and got 2 months left on accutane I also get white flakes on my face. Even when I apply moisturizer it comes back in about 15 mins. Do not mess with your skin on accutane it really can make you worse.

Now I'm on 100mg Accutane, the dandruff has really begun to bother me.

It looks as though my face got snowed on. The whiteness somewhat subsides after 2 - 3 hours, however the flakes or the whites never really go away; it just sits on the face, dry, and when water is applied to it, it regains its whiteness.

ANd I popped a huge pimple, not a cyst, tonight. I hadn't popped a pimple in like 2 or 3 months because of my skin being so sensitive. What I noticed is that when I put my fingers to the face to pop it, I accidently touched the surrounding area, which is whitey, and the white stuff came off clean with little scraping. HOWEVER, it's red now!!! THe whole thing is red from the pressure!! I swear the skin is so sensitive while on Tane.

So the solution to this Facial Dandruff must be exfoliating. But y'all and I well know that exfoliating is a 'no-no' while on tane. So I can't exfoliate??? What should I do? Call my derm? I think this white stuff is just dead skin cells sitting on my face. I want to exfoliate!!! ... ah frustrating. If I do, I'll end up with a tomato face for sure, and - who knows? - I will worsen the red marks.

What a dillema.

Any topicals that help with shedding dead skin cells without irritating?

Hey guys,

will tape method work? Is's not harsh is it? What's the most painless way to exfoliate while on tane? ;;; how about tape method???;;

thanks for your help!

ciao

tk

Gawd don't use tape! The gentle terry cloth washcloth is the best method with Accutane. Then follow up with a good moisturizer for sensitive skin. It won't eliminate the problem but it should minimize it.