Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ed1982

Does moisturiser make red marks darker?

Posted

hey guys,

in your experience does moisturiser make the red marks any darker or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

i have some dry skin on my cheeks but normally if i don't put moisturiser on it by morning you can't really see that it's dry...however, when i get out of the shower you can see all this white dry skin on my cheeks and forehead which is GROSS!!!

do you think i should moisturise or will this just clog up with the white stuff and make it even worse?

thanks in advance

Posted

I used to use a funny mask to get rid of dead skin and stuff :S maybe that's what you need to do?

Posted

yeah my marks look worse after applying moisturiser,

Posted

i think my marks also are darker but it might be me just being too obsessive...is moisturiser necessary even if you don't have much acne, or it meant to even out your skin tone???

i'm just waiting for my aloe vera gel to arrive eusa_pray.gif

Posted

maybe it depends on the mosturizer. when i apply a sunscreen based lotion, i think sometimes my red marks appear darker. but sunscreen is essential for red marks i believe.

Posted

Mine do!

Posted

apply 'fade out' moisturiser. There help to fade the bad bits, and keep your skin nice and moisturised! i bought it the other day, and i noticed smoother skin, and my marks didnt get worse during the day. I think the cream is available in the US as well as the UK!