Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mkay

Acne is a blessing in a way...

Before I had acne I would make fun of my older brother all the time and other people with acne. Yeah, I was a jerk, I know.

Having acne yourself... it completely changes your perspective of others... I haven't made fun of anyone since I had acne, it has taught me a lesson I suppose.

If I ever become clear again I'd never make fun of another person, not after knowing how it feels... it changes things so much.

Has anyone else been changed by acne in a erm... good way?

Before I had acne I would make fun of my older brother all the time and other people with acne. Yeah, I was a jerk, I know.

Having acne yourself... it completely changes your perspective of others... I haven't made fun of anyone since I had acne, it has taught me a lesson I suppose.

If I ever become clear again I'd never make fun of another person, not after knowing how it feels... it changes things so much.

Has anyone else been changed by acne in a erm... good way?

Just took my confidence away and not let me leave the house sometimes. There are no positives, at least for me.  My character has not changed, i never treated anyone cruelly before the acne. So I guess I can't benefit.

everything is so damn unfair in this world and life

why cant we all be equal, either we all have equal ance or no ance at all

tmr is my 17th birthday and im crying right now about my fuked up face.....fuck life, if i wasnt born i wouldnt hav to come across all these shit

Guest Amy Lee

Being fat has changed me first before acne.

I used to be so fat before, I remember when I was only 8 yrs. old I was already borrowing my dad's pants which are sized38 above! And when people started making fun of me, that was the time I realized what it felt like to be mocked of.

Now acne comes, the more I learn to not make fun of others. Acne taught me to be not so proud of myself, and to be sensitive of others' feelings.

hey gamer123, what you said really touched on my heart. i, like you, was in that same mindset a year ago. i felt like every road i was going down was just another dead end...and if i ever did find a promising path, there would just be some obstacle hindering my journey. everything always appears bleaker than truly is in all actuality. don't shed any tears over this stupid shit. your b-day is tomorrow! eusa_dance.gif be happy! see? time goes on, whether you're ready or not for it to. you can choose to sulk and meander in the past (where i bet you were not happy in the least bit, huh?) or venture forth with a positive and upbeat attitude towards the future.

just the other day as i was cleaning out the room (and Lord knows it was about time to conquer that shit), i came upon my journal i kept back during the days i felt were my darkest hours. it just made me break down because it is just so incredibly appalling how emotionally and mentally destructive i was. on the surface i was perfectly fine, always smiling and helping others out but of course, my entries showed otherwise. i was decaying at such a rapid pace it is amazing i am the person i have come to be today.

so ladies, (i don't normally open myself up this much, so just please bear with me) i'd like to share with you a piece from one of my entries when i just wanted to end my life:

ONE DAY, ONE GUY WILL SEE YOU FOR ALL YOU’RE REALLY WORTH AND HE WILL BE THE LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD WHEN HE CAN UNLOCK THE KEY TO YOUR HEART. ONE DAY…THAT ONE PERSON WILL SMILE AND THINK TO HIMSELF…�THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST DEFINING MOMENT IN MY LIFE…� SO DON’T YOU EVEN DARE AND TRY TO ROB YOUR PRINCE CHARMING OF THAT CHANCE.

this is for all my ladies out there who know they have a beautiful soul inside just waiting to emerge...just know that your time will come when you least expect it...and that is exactly why you still have to maintain your faith and hold on tighter than ever.

Guest Marino

Everytime i come on this site its like Dajavu [spelling].

The same thing happened to me on my 17th birthday

I always wanted everyones skin to be equal

I always used to make fun of the way people looked [evan when I got rid of acne the first 3 times]- now thats changed

In the end it was all worth it, through trial and era ive put together a bullet proof plan and this time my acne and scars should be gone for good [Late August]. Untill then my antisocial life [for the past 1 and a half years] has made me stop and relize how I was before [all the teasing and arrogant stuff], ive also saved alot money and done a lot of college work and research. I'm glad i didn't throw in the towel, soon itll all be worth it.

hey gamer123, what you said really touched on my heart. i, like you, was in that same mindset a year ago. i felt like every road i was going down was just another dead end...and if i ever did find a promising path, there would just be some obstacle hindering my journey. everything always appears bleaker than truly is in all actuality. don't shed any tears over this stupid shit. your b-day is tomorrow!  eusa_dance.gif be happy! see? time goes on, whether you're ready or not for it to. you can choose to sulk and meander in the past (where i bet you were not happy in the least bit, huh?) or venture forth with a positive and upbeat attitude towards the future.

just the other day as i was cleaning out the room (and Lord knows it was about time to conquer that shit), i came upon my journal i kept back during the days i felt were my darkest hours. it just made me break down because it is just so incredibly appalling how emotionally and mentally destructive i was. on the surface i was perfectly fine, always smiling and helping others out but of course, my entries showed otherwise. i was decaying at such a rapid pace it is amazing i am the person i have come to be today.

so ladies, (i don't normally open myself up this much, so just please bear with me) i'd like to share with you a piece from one of my entries when i just wanted to end my life:

ONE DAY, ONE GUY WILL SEE YOU FOR ALL YOU’RE REALLY WORTH AND HE WILL BE THE LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD WHEN HE CAN UNLOCK THE KEY TO YOUR HEART. ONE DAY…THAT ONE PERSON WILL SMILE AND THINK TO HIMSELF…�THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST DEFINING MOMENT IN MY LIFE…� SO DON’T YOU EVEN DARE AND TRY TO ROB YOUR PRINCE CHARMING OF THAT CHANCE.

this is for all my ladies out there who know they have a beautiful soul inside just waiting to emerge...just know that your time will come when you least expect it...and that is exactly why you still have to maintain your faith and hold on tighter than ever.

It's definitely changed my perspective. When I was in high school and right out, well actually until I started noticing my breakouts, I was very superficial. I wouldn't give a girl with a little fat any notice, for sure wouldn't see a girl with zits. I was brainwashed big time.

I still can't get over the hump to be sexual attracted to it, but I don't know if that's changable. I don't let it affect the way I treat anybody any more though.

Still, I wouldn't call it a blessing.

Learning compassion is the best blessing any human being can have bestowed upon them.

Would acne be a problem at all if everyone was compassionate towards those who had it?

EDIT: That came off as a bit Zen-ish. What I meant to say was that all bad things have an upshot to them (except for dying - but even that hasn't been proved one way or another yet!). Either in learning strength through the bad thing, or in learning how to avoid it, etc etc.

Time and time again, these threads come up. Time and time again people say how nothing good will ever come of acne. Time and time again I share how acne has not been the worst of my troubles. Things like rape, childhood beatings, abandonment, etc have been my worst troubles.

If THOSE THINGS had a good side to them - in the end - then perhaps, too, other events that are emotionally very hard to deal with (and acne is one of them) can also have a good side to them.

Strangely enough, only a few agree with me. Perhaps I'm just one of those hopleless idealists. eusa_think.gif

everything is so damn unfair in this world and life

why cant we all be equal, either we all have equal ance or no ance at all

tmr is my 17th birthday and im crying right now about my fuked up face.....fuck life, if i wasnt born i wouldnt hav to come across all these shit

egoprofit your the biggest fucking idiot in this world your just trying to find some excuse to like acne

acne is the worst thing thats ever happeend to me and i don tknow why some people have it and somepeople never have it ... its so fucking stupid i just broke out with like 4 pimples an im pissed off

Manny, you are the moron.

Why don't you try being raped at age 4, and so on until you are a young teen.

Why don't you try being blamed for it by your mother?

Which would you rather have? Acne or childhood rape?

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get a choice.

But luckily for me (and thank God - or else I might have wound up like you!) it did give me perspective.

What, no pithy reply?

Yes, acne sucks. Badly. Enough to permantly scar some people - and I'm speaking physically as well as mentally. And it is something that can ruin your life -

If you let it. Just like rape. Just like any other bad thing that can happen to a person. Anything can destroy you - take your pick. Anything -

If rape did not ruin me, than nothing else can, either. It can hurt and it can make me cry. But it will not destroy me.

Do you have that strength within you?

Or would it mean you would have to feel something other than the comfertable, justifiable rage at the world?

im a guy so i doubt i would get raped yeah that sucks what happened to you and im sorry but what does that have to do anything with acne or iraqi children???

It has plenty do with acne.

As in - give up your ghost about how we're only trying to make up reasons to like it.

Perhaps we are. Would you like to know why?

Because we are not cowards. We refuse to be emotionally cowed and destroyed by this, just as we have refused to be emotionally cornered and destroyed by other negative things that happened in our lives.

It's called perspective - something you need wether it's acne, rape, or a perfect normal little life you are dealing with.

No Because I see everyone else around me and they have crystal clear skin WHY? why must i have acne and no one else its unfair and making me hate so many people its ruined my life made me angry and made me a negative person... affected my school grades its horrible

And I look around me and see lots of pretty little families with fathers who did not rape thier children at the age of four. I look around me and see lots of pretty little families with mothers who would be ANGRY if someone raped thier child.

And it reminds me - painfully - that I did not have that.

Oh, yeah, and BTW - THAT affected my grades, too.

You made you a negative person, not the world.

There is a point where the bars of what someone else did to you that are holding you back become your own responsibility to break through.

If I had waited for my parents to admit wrong (and, at 23 years old myself, they still believe that they were right), I would have been a very miserable person.

I choose not. I choose to feel, face it, and continue on in hope and cheer the best damn ways that I can. Why?

Because I am stronger than that.

Are you?

And I look around me and see lots of pretty little families with fathers who did not rape thier children at the age of four. I look around me and see lots of pretty little families with mothers who would be ANGRY if someone raped thier child.

And it reminds me - painfully - that I did not have that.

Oh, yeah, and BTW - THAT affected my grades, too.

You made you a negative person, not the world.

There is a point where the bars of what someone else did to you that are holding you back become your own responsibility to break through.

If I had waited for my parents to admit wrong (and, at 23 years old myself, they still believe that they were right), I would have been a very miserable person.

I choose not. I choose to feel, face it, and continue on in hope and cheer the best damn ways that I can. Why?

Because I am stronger than that.

Are you?

Thank you.

It's just difficult to see that so many people would allow themselves to be destroyed by the negative things in thier life. There were some dark years in my own life before I came to this, and I understand that perhaps others are in their own "dark years". And I understand that they may come out of it with scars and wounds, just like I did.

I just know that eventually, the sun does rise.

hey gamer123, what you said really touched on my heart. i, like you, was in that same mindset a year ago. i felt like every road i was going down was just another dead end...and if i ever did find a promising path, there would just be some obstacle hindering my journey. everything always appears bleaker than truly is in all actuality. don't shed any tears over this stupid shit. your b-day is tomorrow!  eusa_dance.gif be happy! see? time goes on, whether you're ready or not for it to. you can choose to sulk and meander in the past (where i bet you were not happy in the least bit, huh?) or venture forth with a positive and upbeat attitude towards the future.

Fuck acne, without it I could have been the quipmaster of the school, but because of it, I've had to hold back so many apropos one-liners to the cranky teach, so yeah you're damn right I'm bitter lol.giflol.giflol.gif

"Acne is a blessing in a way..."

Say that to people left with severe scars neutral.gif