Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tommy_boi

Forehead, Nose VERY Oily

Oh my god man, my nose and forehead are like iv'e just washed my face with cooking oily, my forehead is really oily and my nose is too, is this the acne causing this or is it summat i'm doing wrong.? eusa_doh.gif

Hi Tom. well im in your boat. My forehead and nose are very oily. that is part of acne. Its a disorder of the sebaucus gland. it produces a substance called sebum. In people with acne the sebaucus gland can produce up to 10 times the normal amount sebum than in regular people.

So when do we become normal people then,? how unfair is this, i'm kinda worried as this more oil than normal can cause me more spots, right. sad.gif

well im 26. my dad is 55 and still gets breakouts. I think dan said, there is no cure for acne, but there are measures you can take to minimize it.

as far as the oil production goes, i think accutane is the only thing that works. Since accuctane actually shrinks your sebaucaus glands and thus you have less sebum production.

how many days you been on the regimen? i just started yesterday. i hope it works to get rid of my acne.

You could always go visit with a derm and get prescribed something, or you can take a holistic appraoch and try out some supplements like Vitamin A or B5...

You could also invest in some oil controling products like the QH masque, or even a product like a loose powder to dab on your skin throughout the day.

If you still get breakouts at 26, and your dad still does at 55 then i think your acne may be in the genes or summat, i don't think my acne will carry on that long or i'm hoping anyways as none of my family have acne apart from me sad.gif so i think once adolescence is over and my body gets back to normal hopefully around 24 i should stop getting this teenage problem and breakouts should stop. eusa_pray.gif