Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaime66

White specks in nails

Just wondered whether anyone else has white specks on their nails

Iv had them for ages...heard it was because of a zinc deficiency, but i took zinc supplements for a few weeks and they didnt go. Also i heard it may be caused by bruising, but i doubt i bruise every single one of my nails all the time. Finally i heard it could be caused by calcium...but i drank loadsa milk when i was little and still had them

Recently i read somewhere it represented a faulty liver or something

So i was wondering if there was a relationship between acne and white specks...

Also whenever there are fewer white marks my skin seems to be clearer.

i heard that was due to a lack of calcium... but yeh, i doubt it has any correlation to acne.

i've had the exact same thing for as long as i can remember (talking about since 3 years old at least) and i could never get rid of them but as i have gotten older, they're starting to become less and less.

i've only recently got these. I thought- better eat more zinc! so i went and ate tons- and they still wont go away! although they have lessened somewhat, they still pop up sometimes. But no, i dont think theyre related to acne.

Cheers for your input guys

It seems no one knows for definate what they are caused by.

It could be a really big coincidence but my acne is the clearest its been in about a year and my nails are the clearest theyv been for ages.

Its just odd

My mom told me it's cause you have a good deal of calcium. Iron deficiency is when u bruise easily (i get that during pms)

GUYS GUYS GUYS

cmon white spots in ur nails?

A simple reason could be because u hit ur nails hard.

Im a classical guitarist and know everything about nails.

It is true, that it is your calcium intake could be causig the problem though.

Yeah, it could be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency of some sort including Zinc or Calcium among a few others. I started taking a very simple & cheap multiple vitamin and the two i had disappeared so I did something right.

"you forgot one of the main culprits of white spots on finger nails is low zinc level, this should have been included in the factual sheet, this can be found in any medical information. A tremendous amount of people have low zinc levels because of all our processed food now and very few people know how important maintaining zinc levels is for your overall health." that was from a website, it also said lack of calcium.

I have a tca peel on right now so i have nothing better to do than look up stuff like this. haha and clean my house.