Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ahhh... crap summer coming agian...

This realy sucks for me. Ive posted somthing like this last year but no good replys.

My arms are staring to look like my face (acne wise) .. this sucks like hell , im getting acne on my arms like I do on my face. People have replyied before and said it wasnt acne but im sure of it becuse if I squeeze it white puss comes out like when you squeeze a pimpil.

Ive tried ...

VInger on my arms..

Sa on my arms ...

and some other crap..

Ive wasted my last summer trying to fix this so I could go outside with a T-Shirt.

So while i applied these techniques onto my arms I coulnt basicly do anything. So therefore I stayed home on the computer everyday , all day sad.gif . Thats bassicly my life stlye now and ive gained some weight .. ;_; ..

My plea is .. please .. someone tell me of a cure for acne for my arms ..

Am I the only one out there with this problem?

Kools22 - Sorry to hear that! I know sometimes people's skin can improve in the summertime, but I could definitely see how you could get acne on your body more frequently.

I feel the sun can do some good, but to an extent. For those who clear up a little because of it, including me maybe, it can be temporary and go back to normal or worse at a later date.

The only think I can suggest in hopes it might help you is to try Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash. I put some on a large gentle sponge (like the round ones but it is more oval, longer and on a stick) lather and wash my back, arms and legs with it.

Try this for a week if you can to give it a fair chance and see if it helps some. I find this to be helpful for body acne, and I am sure it will not be irritating like some of what you may have tried previously. I bought this once after trying acne body washes (such as Neutrogena) which made my skin itch and did not help the acne at all. So I tried the Aveeno to soothe the itching and to my surprise, it also helped to clear me up, and made my skin smooth.

Good luck!

Li B.

P.S. You are not alone!

Have you been to your doctor about this, and if so, what were you told or prescribed? I can only think that an oral antiobiotic treatment is your best way forward... sorry can't help any more.

Mike

Hmmm.... a docter no .. I have never been to a derm for my skin. I guess my self esteem is not high enough to show myself to a docter.

--Thnx moconnor for suggestion

I will ask my mom to buy the stuff you suggested , where did you buy it ? What store? I will try Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash and see if it works , I pray to God that it will

-- Thnx searchingforthesolution for the suggestion.

Ok, a derm is not a monster, seriesly, sometimes, at the time u think tha tu really need a doctor, it may be too late.......

they are not miracle worker, but at least they know wt's best to make it better if they are good

I also have a bit of a problem with my arms, and the only thing that seems to work, is using a drying antibacterial soap to wash them and getting lots of sun on them.

I know the sun isn't considered good and all....but...its the only thing that really helps me.

Just go outside in your backyard and tan those bastards away!!!

Kools22 - I'm not sure if you were asking where to buy the Aveeno but if you were, usually you can find it at a pharmacy. smile.gif

Hope this and what the other posters suggested can help you and others with the same issue.

Good luck,

Li B.

Yes, Thank you I was asking where to buy it.

Hehe a pharmacy tongue.gif can you be more specific? My mom ussualy never finds what im asking her for in a pharmacy.

Well, I bought it at a Pharmaprix, in the body/skin care section, not the acne section. But I'm sure other pharmacies carry it.

Write the name of the product I mentioned to you down for your mom, and if she has trouble, she can ask someone who works there.

smile.gif Hope this helps.

Li B.

Hey kools22. I'm sorry you're going through a tough time concerning your skin's appearance. However, as much as your appearance is hindering yourself to get professional help, you definitely need to suck up your pride and consult a derm. I know it's hard but you sometimes have to put things into perspective and take things step-by-step (seeing a derm should be your first step). I mean no offense at all since I definitely can relate since I feel extremely conscious about my acne when it is at its worst.

Other than that, I would recommend swimming daily (but maybe you're sort of against public areas?). From personal experience (and others), swimming is a nice alternative in maintaining breakouts and gets rid of active acne quickly.

Ehhh... swimming when of my favorite things to do in the summer... not anymore tho , Im gona have to make up excuses when my mom askes me to go swimming. I loved swimming and thats why im asking for cure for body acne. If my body acne clears ill be able to swim in public ( Ill have to lose some wieght too)

So.. I cant do swimming :/

Actually, i think the chlorine in the pool( or ozone in some case) can cut the inflammation of the zit, may be it's like ur soaking urself into a germ killing solution.for a long time........i dont know.....as long as i remember, back in the day i keep swimming once a week, i dont get any serious acne stuff......

anyway, i know summer sucks, ur oil production factory is working crazy overtime like never, all we can do is to keep our skin fresh dry all the time i guess

I really think, and this is from a mom here, that you need fresh air, sunshine and you need to exercise. Enjoy the lighter foods of summer that can be quite healthy and tasty. Whether you want to or not, you really should swim. Swimming is wonderful exercise and it will help clear up some of the spots on arms, etc...

I know one thing. If you keep sitting in that cave of a room on that computer with the only light being that from your monitor you will get worse and worse. Not a healthy lifestyle. Mix it up a bit. Enjoy your computer, but insist to yourself that you will venture out.

Anyway, that's what I think. wink.gif