Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my depression started when i had acne when i was about 11 or so. and it fucked me up entirely.isolated by society some of it is their fault is putting me and most of it is mine.people say its all in my head. but how can u say that when you got scars and all around ya cheecks and a fuckin boxcar on ur nose. I moved schools which made it worse for me. hard to make friends there.I have no self-confidence cuz i hate the way i look with my skin and i hate being 5'7 with no good physical body apperance.work on weight for 3 years and i dont really see no chance in that too.I complain all this cuz im unhappy bout my life and im broke as hell to get some lazer surgery. This accutane is makin it worse for me and im still in school where im looked wrong by girls.The last thing i want is to have a unhappy life marrying some insecure ugly chick.Yeah im shallow too and all of us are that.Im just tryin to make myself all well so i can make it as a Hiphop MC and just look like a star.But 16 is hard to cope with, especially in school. I feel like i wanna get away from it.im just frustrated and i had to let this all out.

What's wrong with being 5'7"? That's my height AND Luke Skywalker's height. Don't be disparaging it, otherwise I shall have to impale you with a sharpened fencing foil.

my depression started when i had acne when i was about 11 or so. and it fucked me up entirely.isolated by society some of it is their fault is putting me and most of it is mine.people say its all in my head. but how can u say that when you got scars and all around ya cheecks and a fuckin boxcar on ur nose. I moved schools which made it worse for me. hard to make friends there.I have no self-confidence cuz i hate the way i look with my skin and i hate being 5'7 with no good physical body apperance.work on weight for 3 years and i dont really see no chance in that too.I complain all this cuz im unhappy bout my life and im broke as hell to get some lazer surgery. This accutane is makin it worse for me and im still in school where im looked wrong by girls.The last thing i want is to have a unhappy life marrying some insecure ugly chick.Yeah im shallow too and all of us are that.Im just tryin to make myself all well so i can make it as a Hiphop MC and just look like a star.But 16 is hard to cope with, especially in school. I feel like i wanna get away from it.im just frustrated and i had to let this all out.

16 is hell. I remember. It sucked.

But it is not the end, nor is it completely society's fault. Doesn't mean it's all YOUR fault, but do remember you are responsible for your own feelings and emotions as well.

Don't pawn them off - OWN your feelings. They're yours - they are something no one can take away from you. But if you blame your feelings on something else all the time - you are giving away your own power, your own ownership, to yourself.

I speak from experience - my hell started at 11 as well. It was about that time I began to realize that what my stepfather was doing to me wasn't normal and wasn't good. I moved around alot too - 3 foster homes, two crisis centers, a homeless shelter, a psychiatric ward. All before the age of 21. I hear you.

Keep venting - that's part of what makes the road sane at the end of it. And own yourself - don't let ANYBODY take that from you.

i'm nineteen.

when i was sixteen i did not have this red things in my face...

it started when i got to college...and people can be alot harsh with comments in that stage...

and i agree with ELSEWHERE....love yourself...it's your only vessel for life...

~God bless~

What's wrong with being 5'7"? That's my height AND Luke Skywalker's height. Don't be disparaging it, otherwise I shall have to impale you with a sharpened fencing foil.

I can relate. When I was 16 I felt like I was so ugly. I had gigantic zits all over my face, along with scars, I felt like my nose and face was too chubby, my body was too fat, I had a deformity on my ear (so I could never wear my hear up like all the cute girls), I had dopey braces. People would comment on my skin telling me how bad it looked or what I should do to fix it. I hated myself. I'm telling you....I didn't think I would ever end up with a boyfriend. I mean, I had friends, but they had boyfriends and I was like the loner, tag-a-long. But as years passed by, I was able to work, get surgery to fix my ear, I lost my baby fat and my nose and body look way better, I don't break out like I used to and I'm married to the most awesome guy (with perfect skin). Hard to believe that all happened, but it did take some time and patience. I decided after college that I wasn't going to try to live my life wishing I was prettier. I thought that it would be harder for me because I thought all that guys cared about was looks on a girl. I thought no one would think I was pretty. But I was wrong. Most of the people I've met who've suffered what I've gone through and go about it with an optimistic outlook come out ahead.