Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weddinggirl

arm bump/pimples

Hi Everyone, Ive been reading a few responses on this site and I find them quite enlightening, I am getting marrie in 3 weeks and up until a few months ago, I have had great skin, my face started breaking out but I seem to finally have that under control, somewhat, but I have all these red bumps on my upper arms, some are tiny pimples and some are just red...I couldnt wait any more to get help b/s im wearing a strapless dress, soooo my derm gave me evoclin, it seems to be helping a little, but not all the bumps are coming to a head!! Is that good?? Any advice I would sure appreciate it...Please, Thank you!!!

Guest TylerD

Maybe just give it time what ever your derm gave you. All medications take a while to work and you could always try a bit of benzoyl peroxide to help it clear faster.

Thanks, I will give it time, I just hope its gove by my wedding!! I bought clean and clear 10%benzoyl peroxide on the spot so im using that also, we'll see!!!

yer i have some pimples on my upper arms..shits me...i have to wear a jacket or a wristband all the time

Hi, wedding girl,

I dealt with those blasted bumps for years and years until I found out that they were caused by bacteria from our armpits!

After showering, and again, a second time each day, the best thing to do (and don't stop your meds either) is to use an antibacterial solution, like a toner, with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it. This does not have to be rinsed off. I would actually rub the stuff with a cotton ball or pad all over the pimply area, and clear up into the armpits twice a day. Then use your antiperspirant. smile.gif

A lot of regular swimming will really help too, if done over months, in a chlorinated pool. That will also help the guy with the ingrown hairs... Of course, take steps to protect your hair and use sunscreen if you're outside.

Beautilady

..., but I have all these red bumps on my upper arms, some are tiny pimples and some are just red...I couldnt wait any more to get help b/s im wearing a strapless dress, soooo my derm gave me evoclin, it seems to be helping a little, but not all the bumps are coming to a head!! Is that good?? Any advice I would sure appreciate it...Please, Thank you!!!