Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
htx82

weird skin reactions? help..?

ok so i have issues.. been on the regimen for about a month.. sorta like a roller coaster as far as keeping skin clear.. but still a HUGE (and consistent) improvement from some of the hellaciously expensive "complete skin care line" stuffs i have tried before..

i use the purpose gentle cleansing bar, the acne.org bp gel, and the purpose dual treatment moisturizer.. i don't shave with a razor, i usually use trimmers to shave with, just get a really close trim.. when i DO shave with a razor, i shave with clear aloe gel, after using a very light exfoliator ONLY in the areas i have to shave.. then rinse my face and use the regimen like normal..

aight, my issues are:

1.) sore dry/flakey skin, NOT in areas where i apply the bp gel.. such as on the edges of my lips, and around my eye lids.. it gets terribly dry and flakey and is sore to the touch.. i don't apply the bp gel there, but i do apply moisturizer there to try to prevent it from happening.. i use the purpose dual treatment moisturizer.. the moisturizer makes my skin all greasy and oily looking.. and it clumps in my facial hair, like sideburns, goatee, or 5 o'clock shadow.. i've noticed that my skin is also really dry and flakey in my facial hair, even though i don't put the bp gel there either.. what's going on here? it's highly annoying. evil.gif

2.) SOMETHING is reacting to sunlight.. throughout the day, i've noticed i get patches of like orange/yellow on my skin.. sometimes right at the hair line, or in facial hair.. and sometimes just randomly where skin might crease or be prone to movement/wrinkles.. i went out in the sun one day, the first time i had been out all day (as i work indoors most of the day during the week) and my skin got these streaks and what not all over, along my hair line and all over my forehead.. i wiped it off with a paper towel and it came off right onto the papertowel.. what the crap? how do i stop this? i'd hate to be a vampire and have to cower from the sun to avoid random interactions with the regimen.. cry.gif

ok so recap.. since i have a tendency to ramble: dry/flakey skin in some spots, and grease-monger in other areas.. weird reactions/discoloration.. rolleyes.gif

anyone else have these problems..? better yet, anyone have any solutions to these problems? eusa_pray.gif

signed,

irritated but hopeful

I'm getting something similar. I have been using the Bp gel for two weekes, and most of my face has adjusted exactly as expected, except:

All along my neck, under my chin, just under my eyes and earlobes. I never, NEVER use the gel there, and am very careful to wash my hands before putting anything else there. These areas are red and splotchy, and really itchy.

It seems like I'm having these problems all along the "edges" of where I use the gel.

I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions.

But the problem with the yellow/orange patches, that is due to the Purpose Moisturizer. Ditch that and get something else. Several people have reported turning yellow and orange while using the Purpose moisturizer. I am not sure why but I suspect it is somehow reacting with the bp.

Anyway, try to get one of the other approved moisturizers.

hope this helps.

Brandy

I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions.

But the problem with the yellow/orange patches, that is due to the Purpose Moisturizer. Ditch that and get something else. Several people have reported turning yellow and orange while using the Purpose moisturizer. I am not sure why but I suspect it is somehow reacting with the bp.

Anyway, try to get one of the other approved moisturizers.

hope this helps.

Brandy

It pretty logical if you think about, the BP gel is absorbed by your skin and spreads a bit once absorbed.

Imagine grabbing a paper towel to clean up a drink you just spilled. If you dab at the liquid it will make a spot on the paper which will slowly spread out a bit. Its really like dropping liquid on anything paper/fabric.

So even though you aren't applying the gel to those areas the "dying effect" area is a bit larger than what you have rubbed in.

I had those exact symptoms and quite frankly got sick of the dry flakey sore skin near my nose, eyes and ears. I may have been able to put up with it if it was a 100% success rate solution. But I found the BP gel to work alright but not prevent some breakouts. I probably 95% clear sometimes but never quite there and never would be.

I just don't beleive the discomfort to be worth it, not to mention it bleaches everything it touches.

BP is not the big magical solution to EVERYONES acne. It may work great for some and it did show improvement for me but in the end there are other ways of preventing acne.

Please don't take this as an attack on the product, it is simply my opinion, I'm just saying if YOU don't beleive it is showing enough success for the amount of discomfort/bother it causes you, don't stick with it for months and months on end! Yes give it a fair go, but don't keep going forever.

Since I started using BP my skin gets itchy on the "edges", but also my eyes are a little bit puffy, it kind of looks like I am tired. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it will go away soon? I have only been on this regimen for three days and I am noticing a good improvement in my acne.

Mandy I've had that happen, now I put on some gentle eye creme before I do the bp--it seems to create some kind of barrier, anyway now I don't have that problem. My scalp was itching too, so I stay farther away from my hairline and now that stopped.

ok so i switched from the purpose to the cetaphil, no more weird brown/yellow stuff..

my skin is less greasy, but the cetaphil burns a little bit when i put it on, even after waiting 15-20 minutes and i'm using like minimal amounts of BP.. i also don't have the problem with the dry/cracking skin anymore.. i smear it all over, including the spots where i previously dried out..

luckily i've never had a problem with it bleaching anything (yet).. pillow cases, shirts, etc..

referring to what chikin said, this is enough of an improvement for me to keep with it.. i've ditched other regimens after a month or so for less results, and this one is the only one that is consistent with keeping stuff clear.. while it doesn't completely prevent breakouts, i think there are far too many variables and grey areas to conclude that any one skin care line will be able to 100% prevent any breakouts.. this one has shown the best results, so i'm sticking with it until something better comes along smile.gif