Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
presrox

**Just came back from the famous Dr. Obagi**

Dr. Obagi was doing some medical stuff in the Middle East or something like that so i went to his nurse who prescribes the same things he does and here is what she prescribed to me..

Prascion cleanser

Benzamycin (but i got something called erythromyacin+benzoyl peroxide which is the same thing i think, and you keep it in the fridge)

Sulfacet Lotion (a tinted sulfur lotion that hides red marks as it treats them)

& Retin A .025% gel

she said my face would get worse first and that it would be red and irritated (oh no..) for the first few weeks or something like that.. this sucks cuz i still have school =(

im wondering if any of these products has worked for anyone? anyone have any tips or advice or just any info?

lol sounds like what a regular derm perscribes.

retin-a micor is great if it works. If it doesnt, than terhe is a good cahnce ur face wont react too well to it. Im using 0.1% and getting great results

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. If I were you, I'd let my face get accustomed to the Retin A for awhile before incorporating Benzamycin. Both are really drying, and I've heard Retin A frequently causes dryness to the point of peeling. If you're set on using a product with anti-microbial properties, maybe you could use Dan's gel in place of the Benzamycin for awhile, if you happen to have some sitting around. In my experience, the 2.5% gel is less irritating than Benzamycin (which contains 5% BP). Just my two cents.

Oh, and both make you more sensitive to the sun, so make sure you wear moisturizer with sunscreen during the day!