Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mis

newbie asking for others insight

Hey, everyone. Newbie here. I was doing some google searching and found this site. Now, mind you, the scar I am dealing with is not a result of acne, but of a biopsy. I've developed a "little keloid". It's not hugely raised, but it might become larger says my doc. It's reddish and larger than the mole I had biopsied.

Now like I said, this is not an acne scar, but a scar is a scar and I was thinking some of you would be able to help since we're all discussing scar treatment.

I was thinking of using silicone sheets? (my doc mentions those to me AFTER the thing develops). I did a search on this site and I see some feel the sheets don't work very well, but also said that may be because they didn't use it for the recommended time. I think I can try to use them for the duration, but has ANYONE had some success with these? Or do the keloids flatten and lighten but return to their original look after you stop the recommended duration (which I think is like 2 months)?

If you didn't have success with this type of treatment, can you please let me know of your experience that may have prevented it from working out? I suppose most of you tried this with more than one scar at a time; think it'd work better with a single scar maybe?

Anyway, that's all. Thanks for any help you all can offer.