Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All i got in the package was a container and a white stick thing? Is the container the vial ? And wheres this powder at? Did someone jack my benzaclin powder or am i trippin out?

Prior to dispensing,tap vial until powder flows freely. Add 5 mL of purified water to vial (to the mark) and immediately shake to completely dissolve clindamycin. If needed,add additional purified water to bring level up to the mark. Add this solution to gel and stir until homogenous in appearance (1 to 11/2 minutes).

BenzaClin Topical Gel (as reconstituted) can be stored at room temperature up to 25°C (77°F) for 3 months. Place a 3-month expiration date on the label immediately following mixing.

Store at room temperature up to 25°C (77°F) [see USP].

Do not freeze. Keep tightly closed. Keep out of the reach of children.

Those are the directions for the pharmacist. It's kept in powder form at the pharmacy and the technician adds the water, etc. to make it into a gel consistency when you fill the prescription. So, if your Benzaclin is a gel, then that's how it should be. As for the stick, mine never came with that- I suspect that's the thing they used to stir the water/powder at the pharmacy.