Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewEra

Accutane - Gym work

Hi guys through out accutane ive decided to get back into my workout's at the gym going 4 times a week. I know alot of people here train and i was wondering whats the best way to achieve what im wanting without not being able to walk from the accutane pains tongue.gif

Im wanting to bulk up in top half of body and shape that area also.

Workouts, methods and any other tips are wanted greatly smile.gif

thanks guys

i've limited myself to dumbbell exercises only... for two reasons: the whole body hurts if I do barbell and I'm not that strong...LOL

so my routine is

day 1

dumbbell flyes and bench presses (extreme chest workout)

shoulder presses and lateral raises

and triceps

day 2

one-arm dumbbell rows

curls

squats (yes, with dumbbells.. biggrin.gif )

situps

and repeat

I'm thinking about putting a rest day after every 2 days.. since my back is starting to hurt...;;; bah.. this is my crappy routine... just the basics... nothing fancy~ share yours when you build one!!!

I'd suggest straying away from anything too extrenous, namely deadlifts and squats (and sometimes even abs will cause back pain).

Make sure your form is correct with the other excercises and you should be okay.

if you want to bulk up you have to train hard.

First of all are you lean already? If you are you have to eat alot of protien(1.5 grams per lb of lean mass) and quality carbs to get the excess calories needed to bulk.

If your stalky or a bit chubby I suggest you deflict your diet a bit so you lose some fat first. Once you lose the fat you will see some muscle tone.

this is my routine

day 1

chest/tri

BB bench press 4 set

incline db 4 set

weighted dips 4 set

peck deck 4 set

skull crusher 3 set

press down 3 set

single hand rope 3 set

day 2

back/bi

pull ups 50 reps (works out to be 6 sets)

t-bar row 4 set

db rows 4 set

sraight arm pull down 4 set

bb curl 4 set

peach curl 4set

spider curls 4 set

day 3

db shoulder press 4 set

side raise 4 set

upright row 4 set

front raise 2 set

shrugs 4 set

all sets are usually 10, 8, 7, 6 rep range. Once i could do more than 10 reps on the first set I up the weight. 1.5 min rest between sets

I dont work on the legs anymore because of some hip soreness , but do work my calves every other day

so if your doing 4 days do chest/tri , back/bi , day off, shoulders, legs, then 2 days off. This is a classic 4 day split used by many

i have been on roaccutane for 2 weeks which isn't long but have been going to gym from start and just do all the same stuff.

Guest Craigems

U should work your body as a whole. Otherwise u will look out of porportion.

Do this for ur 4 day routine:

Chest: Max 20sets of different things

Back: Max 20sets " " "

Shoulders/Arms: Max 20sets " " "

Legs: Max 20sets " " "

Take your fish oil tablets... and warm your muscles up gradually before jumping straight into the weights... rather start off super light then build up.

U should work your body as a whole. Otherwise u will look out of porportion.

Do this for ur 4 day routine:

Chest: Max 20sets of different things

Back: Max 20sets " " "

Shoulders/Arms: Max 20sets " " "

Legs: Max 20sets " " "

Take your fish oil tablets... and warm your muscles up gradually before jumping straight into the weights... rather start off super light then build up.

You will experience some joint dicomfort from the accutane. However, it is something that you can work through. I hate when people say not to do anything strenuous when on tane. You should not stop your life! Train hard, but train smart. Use good form and monitor your body's progress.

Day 1:Chest, Triceps

Each week, alternate the exercises: Bench press or incline bench press, incline d-bell flyes or Flat d-bell flyes, Cable crossovers or pec deck, tricep pushdowns, overhead d-bell extension, Abs: Crunches, Leg raises

Day 2:Legs Squat or leg press (alternate each week again), leg extensions and leg curls (superset these one after another) or stiff leg deadlifts, calf raises- superset standing or seating)

Day 3:Back, Biceps: Chin ups (even if you cannot do many-this is an essential exercise) or pull downs to the front, Barbell bent rows, seated cable rows, Barbell curls or dumbell curls, preacher curls

Day 4: Rest

Repeat

Eat 1.5 grams of quality protein per pound of bodyweight each day- I would recommend getting a whey protein powder. You can mix it with water if you are afraid of milk.

Sample Diet:

Breakfast: two whole eggs, three egg whites omelette with lean ham. 2 pieces of wheat toast.

Mid morning: Whey protein shake

Lunch: Tuna (not tuna salad) with salad and low fat of fat free dressing

mid afternoon (1 1/2 hours before training) rolled oats (its like natural oatmeal) with protein powder- carbs will help with energy!

after training- have something with simple sugars to boost glycogen levels and release insulin (this helps you grow)...protein shake with some sugar is good...

Dinner: steak or chicken, green vegetables baked potato.

I would try supplementing with Amino Acids and also Dessicated liver. Both are excellent sources of protein and energy. The dessicated liver has lots of B-vitamins and this will increase your pump.

Hi guys , thanks for the posts.

Im a normal build, infact i could be classed as abit skinny. I want to build up my chest and arms and then ill work on the shape later.

Im only 17 so im not to advanced in the supplement and diet side of things. Can you tell the things that would be good for me to eat?

I have some mega mass suplement but i dont think its safe to use as it includes Vit A , so i wont bother with that.

keep them coming , thanks smile.gif

ALSO : Ive taken up boxing in the past 3 months, not fighting and stuff, just bag and mit work. I wonderd isit ok to keep doing this? with the red marks it makes on my knuckles? and the stress it puts on my hands and arms. I enjoy it so much surprised.gif tell me what you think

During tane, I loved the punching bag. It was my best freind. I found that using it did make my knuckles extremly red, but didn't notice any arm soreness, my hand were sore, but it could be becasue I didn't tape my hands or wear gloves, an I usually go till my kunckles bleed. If you wear gloves, I bet you don't experience any soreness at all. (the redness of kuckles went away eventually after stopping tane)

I've done pretty much everything I used to do without many problems. The only problems I've had are with squats. Seriously, my knees and back and shoulders are sore so when I do squats, I'm sorta fucked.

I will let you in on a little secret:

The best supplement to add size to your body while you are training is FOOD!

Everything else is just what it is....a supplement-there to supplement your intake.

Eat good food- chicken, tuna, lean steak, vegetables, lots of water. Try to eat six meals a day. Use protein powders to supplement and always put down a whey protein powder, with low-fat milk if possible, right before bed. The whey protein is absorbed very quickly through your body, while the milk protein digests slowly. This will stop your body from catabolizing (feeding on itself) while you sleep.......trust me on this.

You will experience some joint dicomfort from the accutane. However, it is something that you can work through. I hate when people say not to do anything strenuous when on tane. You should not stop your life! Train hard, but train smart. Use good form and monitor your body's progress.

Day 1:Chest, Triceps

Each week, alternate the exercises:  Bench press or incline bench press, incline d-bell flyes or Flat d-bell flyes, Cable crossovers or pec deck, tricep pushdowns, overhead d-bell extension, Abs: Crunches, Leg raises

Day 2:Legs  Squat or leg press (alternate each week again), leg extensions and leg curls (superset these one after another) or stiff leg deadlifts, calf raises- superset standing or seating)

Day 3:Back, Biceps:  Chin ups (even if you cannot do many-this is an essential exercise) or pull downs to the front, Barbell bent rows, seated cable rows, Barbell curls or dumbell curls, preacher curls

Day 4:  Rest

Repeat

Eat 1.5 grams of quality protein per pound of bodyweight each day- I would recommend getting a whey protein powder. You can mix it with water if you are afraid of milk.

Sample Diet:

Breakfast:  two whole eggs, three egg whites omelette with lean ham. 2 pieces of wheat toast.

Mid morning: Whey protein shake

Lunch: Tuna (not tuna salad) with salad and low fat of fat free dressing

mid afternoon (1 1/2 hours before training) rolled oats (its like natural oatmeal) with protein powder- carbs will help with energy!

after training- have something with simple sugars to boost glycogen levels and release insulin (this helps you grow)...protein shake with some sugar is good...

Dinner: steak or chicken, green vegetables baked potato.

I would try supplementing with Amino Acids and also Dessicated liver. Both are excellent sources of protein and energy. The dessicated liver has lots of B-vitamins and this will increase your pump.

Guest Craigems

i noticed that also. Anyways everything deadlifta said was correct, food food fooood. But not just any food, u want meat, vegies, dairy.

Goodluck try and make it 6 meals a day, almost eat every 3 hours if possible

you don't really need a shoulder day, most exercises use your shoulders anyway.

Guest Craigems

shoulders include your deltoids, and traps. You should do your shoulders ALWAYS. Most exercises dont have anything to do with your shoulders, thats why you have to work them separatly. Shoulders should be worked with either arms or back or themselves.

Oversight. Add some shoulders in for sure. Perhaps not as much because they will be hit by other pressing movements, but there are three heads to the shoulder: the front delt, side delt and rear delt. any overhead press is good. Also side and front raises with dumbells are important If you are really just starting, your rear delts will get hit when you do pulling exercises on back day.

Do shrugs-both barbell and dumbell. well developed traps will really make your physique look more impressive. shrugs will also help to develop your neck, making it appear thicker over time.

Shoulders are KEY, man. Haha, I think it's kinda funny that my shoulders seem big for my body cause I've always worked them.

i noticed that also. Anyways everything deadlifta said was correct, food food fooood. But not just any food, u want meat, vegies, dairy.

Goodluck try and make it 6 meals a day, almost eat every 3 hours if possible

ok im going to try eat 6 meals , could you give me some example's of 'meals' and good things to eat. a meal isnt a sandwhich isit ? thats just a snack

thanks

i did some swimming tonight , made me feel really tired and muscle feel like they have been worked. Is this a good idea or will it just make me even thinner?

i did some swimming tonight , made me feel really tired and muscle feel like they have been worked. Is this a good idea or will it just make me even thinner?

Guest Craigems

Swimming and weights will make you look "cut" but if you really wanna have muscles like no-one else, then you gotta stop pretty much all cardio.

I personally think cardio is a good thing coz it makes your heart stronger etc. I play touch rugby every monday night and thats a very fast game, but every other day i do weights (4days). I'm pretty lean, and bulky at the same time, i think of it as a happy medium.