Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agua2004

do lips scar?

Hello there! I'd like to know if lips scar. I've been having chapped lips since Saturday and scabs have formed where my lips cracked. I've heard that they do scar, but the scar tissue they form is not distinguisable from the rest of the lips' tissue.

I have a scar on my lip but it was from an accident from a mean little boy pushing me off the monkey bars when I was 8 years old and I landed face first in gravel. cry.gif

I have never gotten scars from chapped lips before though at least if I do then they aren't even noticeable if I look closely in the mirror.

Hello there! I'd like to know if lips scar. I've been having chapped lips since Saturday and scabs have formed where my lips cracked. I've heard that they do scar, but the scar tissue they form is not distinguisable from the rest of the lips' tissue.

Guest delta force operators

why are your lips cracked?

were you on accutane or supplements?

aqua,  get you some Burts Bees lip balm or Blistex in a blue pot.  I used these the whole time I was on Accutane and ever since before bed and sometimes during the day. 

Also,  I once knew a beautiful girl who got awful cold sores periodically.  She never scarred.  She would heal and be beautiful again.

I'm on 100mg of accutane and my lips crack all the time. I'm using burt's bees, and vitamin e oil. They go back to normal.

Scabs are gone, actually I had scabs almost all over my lower lip. They were connected together and looked as one very big scab. Not just a scab, it was a scab with dried dead skin and it was very rough looking. I couldn't take it anymore, I saw lots people, looking at me and smiling, as I made them their day, someone saw me and said yiack, some thought that I had some dreadful disease and tried to avoid me. I took a hot shower, it loosened the scab and then I rubbed my lips together till the scab fell. I also removed some of the scab with my fingers. I knew that most of the scab was just covering my lip, but not really connected to living tissue, only a bit was really attached to good skin. Removing the scab did remove some skin that didn't finish healing and originally, I thought that I might get a small scar. Not that I cared much though. I didn't like the way that people reacted to me and couldn't have the scab anymore, I thought it's better having a scar on the lips than getting that kind of behaviour. Now, I understand people with scars much better. Anyway, eventually the new wounded area formed a new scab that covered that small area that looked as it would scar. From my experience, lips do not easily scar.