Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thekid

Did u follow the To-DO rules while on TANE?

I frankly didn't do anything at all and i had severe cysts that caused alot of red marks and scars. When i was broken up all over my face i never used any moisturizer on my face and i put loads of makeup on all the spots. And i used a cleanser while on tane as well. I also went in the hot sun without anything (sunblock or moisturizer) thinking that the sun would tan out the leveled spots and even out skin tone. My scars and marks have totally healed and are clear now and i'm about the go on a low dose 2nd course just to get rid of oil. I've started to moisturize lately and wow, i can't believe i didn't do it before. I wanna know if i moisturize on accutane it will b less likely to breaking out and will look alot more normal... and since it has built in spf15 (the neutrogene moisturizer) will i be ok in the sun with like a 20mg a day dose?

i hardly moisturize cus it turns my face all red and makes the scarring more noticable when i go out.. its so nasty..

i did fuck all what they told me, drank everynite, ate what i liked etc etc and its working fantastically for me, on week 7 now and im so pleased with the results, i do moisturise daily tho cause i got bio-oil mixed into my moisturiser so helps my red marks go big time

isn't the red from dried skin? so if u moisturize all the time their would be no red? unless u get spots of course.

sunscreen is a must. Especially if you have red marks, you are making it look worse by not wearing sunscreen. Note that you do not have to leave it on all day. You wear it on your way to work/school or whatever and you wash it off with water when you get inside a building. You put suncreen back when you go out.

Moisturize is recommended, you can get away without it unless you start developing dry pathes in your face. I have dry patches in a few places in my body.But I do not care about them nor do my girlfriends.

I do care about pathces in my face but I have seen that is very rare, since I splash water on my face a few times a day.

I also irregularly use a mositurizer on my face after shaving etc, so it helps.

i've been on it for a week and have drank both weekends. My derm didn't tell me what not to do anyway so i aint really disobeying any rules.

my derm said you can drink but not alot im pretty sure its got nothing to do with acne but that you can die coz of your liver.mabe also cause drinking dehydrates you.id say the biggest thing is your liver getting stuffed up,so id do what they say.