Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest WhyGOD111

garlic?

Guest WhyGOD111

Garlic does it do anything? Ive seen a noticible differnce in my skin my forhead to be exact is clearing up(my forhead never clears up!) Right after I eat it I get horrible stomach pain and when eating it, it stings my mouth really badly(like listerine) Anyways I got the idea from my mom she said my grandpa eats garlic by itself to attempt to stay a little healthy

and i noticed hes clear skin and looks like hes never had acne in his life. And so far its working pretty good for me.(yeah I know its sounds crazy but hey)

You have noticed that raw garlic is pretty intense, hurts your stomach and stings your mouth. Perhaps you should try it cooked instead. Garlic becomes sweet and very tasty when it's cooked. You could try roasting some garlic heads and using the resulting mush as a spread for toast, or saute minced garlic in some olive oil and use it as sauce for spaghetti or angel hair, or make a pizza with minced garlic over fresh tomatos and basil. Garlic is supposed to be good for over all good health, digestive health in particular, but i know of no studies that tie it to improvements in acne, but hey if it works for you keep at it!

Ive been taking two garlic pills everyday for almost a week. I heard its a natural antibiotic and anti-fungal. Your body doesnt become resistant to it (unlike the antibiotics perscribed by the derm). Raw garlic is the best choice. When you chop it up, it releases a compound called allicin. I think my acne is caused by candida, so thats the main reason for taking garlic pills.

The pills I take are odorless--meaning that the garlic odors wont be detectable on your skin after you take the pills. I thought odorless meant that the pills wouldnt smell..I was a bit surprised when I first opened them. I havent drastic changes in my skin but I'll keep it up to see what happens.

I tried the raw garlic thing, but couldn't do it for more than a few days. I got sick of the smell inside me, coming out of me, etc. I felt like a walking garlic knot.

Yea totally. I drank 3 cloves of chopped garlic with my soy milk. I KNOW...TOTALLY GROSS, but I was willing to do anything for clearer skin. My SO wouldn't kiss me for the whole day. HAHA... (:

Garlic does it do anything? Ive seen a noticible differnce in my skin my forhead to be exact is clearing up(my forhead never clears up!) Right after I eat it I get horrible stomach pain and when eating it, it stings my mouth really badly(like listerine) Anyways I got the idea from my mom she said my grandpa eats garlic by itself to attempt to stay a little healthy

hey guys, you're on the right track... but let met clear a few things up.

The reason garlic works is because it boosts the immune system, and acts as an anti-fungal/kills yeast (someone pointed that out already, i'm just repeating) and that kills the candida in your body.

I noticed someone took it with soy milk, badly prepared soy (probably the milk you're drinking actually inhibits certain beneficial enzymes, so it might be harmful to your digestion & therefore acne)

Anyhow, to be an attractive person, I would NOT recommend taking raw garlic because as someone else pointed out, you will REEK. Garlic smells more than pretty much anything else i've tasted. I haven't tried odorless garlic pills but that would definately be the way to go, although they might be less potent.

However, if you're trying to kill off candida (and if you're taking garlic, that's probably what you're trying to do), then I would recommend to do this:

Eliminate all sugar in your diet (I know it's hard, I'm the worse!) Sugar is candida food.

Buy any Greens powder, to alkanize your blood, take 2 drinks daily (i know they say only 1, but 2 is more effective.) Candida can't live in an alkanized environment.

Now for the magic... (MAKE SURE YOU'RE GETTING REGULAR BOWEL MOVEMENTS BEFORE DOING THIS, SO THE TOXINS CAN BE FLUSHED OUT. If you have a sluggish bowel system, see my post on good snacks)

Buy Olive leaf extract (Super important)

and buy Oregano oil.

Those are powerful anti fungal/candida herbs, they will kill them off like CRAZY. But make sure you can eliminate them when they get killed off.

Anyways, don't use the olive leaf for too long (like 1-2 weeks) because it will stop being effective and you might develop a resistance to it, same goes for the Oregano oil.

Anyways, take them daily and you'll notice that you'll most likely be coughing and getting flu symptoms at first, this is normal. What's happening is that all the dying candida is releasing toxins in the blood. Anyways, Olive leaf, Oregano oil, garlic pills and probiotics (they help fight candida too) and I you will have ridiculously good looking skin.

However, I am WARNING you in advance, the next time you forget and decide to eat a shitload of sugar (after you killed most of the candida), then your level of candida will skyrocket back and this skyrocketting will cause acne.

But in theory, if you clear the candida and then never feed it again, you'll be acne free... for as long as you don't eat a ton of sugar to feed it back. (oh, i hear you can actually completely get rid of the candida and then it will have a hard time coming back, but I haven't gotten to that point yet)

Summary:

Killing candida = relieves a HUGE burden off your system and usually that allows you to be acne free.

How to kill it = Akalanize your blood, it can't live in there & take Olive leaf extract and Oregano oil. (like other herbs, don't take these forever)

That WILL clear your acne because when you kill all the candida, your liver is like... "holy $h1t, i have half the workload now!" and your body can handle the 'load' of real life.

Acne on yor forehead indicates a problem in your liver so garlic and antifungals will help elminate toxins from the body and clear out your liver (and forehead.) Dr. and i both thought i had candida, but the tests came back and said I had bacteria infection. I drink detox tea with garlic and peppers in it and it helps a whole lot.

hey ndmgal wut does acne on the cheeks mean?

My forhead is 100% clear. I have sever acne but not 1 pimpke has ever reached my forehead.

And are garlic pills 100%?

Acne on yor forehead indicates a problem in your liver so garlic and antifungals will help elminate toxins from the body and clear out your liver (and forehead.) Dr. and i both thought i had candida, but the tests came back and said I had bacteria infection. I drink detox tea with garlic and peppers in it and it helps a whole lot.

Guest WhyGOD111

I eat 2 small garlic heads and 2 huge bowls of broccoli. The garlic helps my forhead acne and the broccoli helps my cheeks.

Guest Amy Lee

Garlic they say is good for the health, good for the heart, but I never hear any story of how it helps acne.

You're not supposed to eat the garlic! eusa_doh.gifbiggrin.gif

Apply it topically where you normally get acne, overnight, then wash off in the morning. (n.b. but make very, very sure that you aren't allergic to the garlic; some people get burns... I am not kidding, most people don't though.)

Just crush a fresh clove and wipe it over the area. It should tingle a bit, maybe even minor pain (like a good pain); but if it hurts, wash it off and lather on an oil based moisturiser.

If you leave it for a few minutes after crushing it makes it less fierce.

Garlic is a natural antibiotic, I believe it helps kill P.Acnes and lots of other bad critters, it's fat soluble, so it penetrates the pore really well.

It's not too smelly if you do it externally, not compared to eating it anyway, although some minor smell may appear if you start to perspire. And it shouldn't affect your breath too bad at all. YMMV.

I've started using garlic topically just as a spot treatment for bad spots and I think it might have helped a bit...but I am not sure if it is that or the aloe or the neosporin ... probably all.

Guest WhyGOD111
Yeah, but it probably doesn't help either. IMO

hey ndmgal wut does acne on the cheeks mean?

My forhead is 100% clear. I have sever acne but not 1 pimpke has ever reached my forehead.

And are garlic pills 100%?

Guest WhyGOD111
The forehead:

Traditionally, this zone is regarded as the "sister" to the bladder and digestive system.

If you breakout frequently is in this area, it might mean that you need to improve your elimination by drinking more water and eating more "whole foods"

The middle of the forehead:

between the eyebrows, is related to the liver. Congestio in this zone can indicate over consumption of alcohol, rich foods, and possibly a foos allergy(such as lactose intolerance)

The cheeks:

The cheeks often given an accurate glimpse into any respiratory distress. Smokers or people suffering from allergies generally experience fine, broken capillaries or congestion in this area.

Nose:

A reddened nose can indicate heightened blood pressure, or the early stages of rosacea.

Congestion around the upper lip can occur if you use comedogenic lipsticks or liners.

Chin:

Breakouts or unusual hair growth can indicate hormonal imbalance, possibly caused by extreme stress. Premenstrual breakouts are also very common on the chin.

Hope it helps !

i just bought some garlic capsules, non odur. the thing is they stink, but i downed one and now i keep belching garlic. bleugh! does this mean if i sweat im gonna stink?!?!? shock.gif

If they are odorless, you probably wont smell like anything, they just leave an aftertaste for a few minutes.

Guys, if garlic is fat soluble, than if you were to eat it, than it would be bale to mix in with oild in your body.

Oil on ur face contains bacteria, galric kills bacteria...

Could this be the answer for many people?